Member Array
    Car:
    '98 INTEGRA

Integra Dc2 Vtir with Apollo Universal Closed Air Intake

I am new to this forum and I am hoping I am asking in the right place...
    I have recently purchase a K&N Apollo Universal Closed Air Intake system and plan on putting it in this weekend, however I've heard that I will need to get some rubber to put on the opening of the throttle body as the diameter is different from the piping I have.

I just wanted to know if there was a website that had the different sizes of all the engine components? If not do people know the exact size? I don't have time to undo everything and measure it before the weekend...

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Measure the diameter of the throttle body neck and your intake.

If they're different a rubber shop might be able to help you out (Clark Rubber or any plumbing shop) or more automotive shops might have some adapters (SCA, Autobahn, Repco etc).

Alternatively if it's just a few mm out then you can heat the intake hose with a hair dryer, slip some lube on the inside (vaseline yo) and slide it over with some force.

Member Array
    Car:
    '98 INTEGRA
    thanks for the tip. i have actually decided to not go with the apollo as it isn't going to fit as well as i hoped it's going to shake and rattle around too much... Do you know if Autobarn is the best place to buy K&N products (specifically the reusable filter) or is there a better place? i know buying directly from K&N is pretty expensive...

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Only would be your best bet mate. See if you can get it from the US. Good prices there.

Why would it rattle too much? Just secure it...

Member Array
    Car:
    '98 INTEGRA
    I wasn't sure where I would be able to secure it without making it look like crap...

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    For my intake I used a bolt hole on the strut tower. I bought a strip of aluminium, cut it to length, twisted it so it had an angled tab at the end, then secured the tab underneath one of the large hose clamps that was sealing my CAI. Looks fine IMO.

Will see if I can get a pic

Member Array
    Car:
    '98 INTEGRA
    A pic would be great. Yours doesn't shake or rattle at all?

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    I'd be more worried about failing a roadworthy test than looks
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    It's 'secured' so should be fine.

I'll take a pic when I can be bothered