Central Locking Stuck

Hey honda users,

Just recently have a central locking problem come up. MUST be a common issue that can happen on any model car. I have a 05 civic by the way.

When I press unlock on the remote, doors open (as usual) except for my drivers door. It'll stay locked. Vice-versa for the lock button. If I use the key and open from the keyhole, doors open including my drivers door. So it's to do with the central locking link.

Can someone pinpoint what the issue is? Perhaps they've had it before.

Cheers

The door actuators seem to be a weak point in the DC5/EP3/EU3 from what i've read. Sounds like the driver side actuator has shagged up.

Best fix imo is to install an aftermarket actuator (such as Mongoose) and hook it up to existing wires. Don't bother changing the OEM unit to another one, they're expensive and weak.
    KEEP IT VIET | KEEP IT JDM
    FaLL iN LoVe WheN YoU aRe ReAdY, NoT WhEN YoU ARe LOnEly

Thanks for responding so soon I didnt expect it. Its interesting to hear that those models share the same dilemma.

With aftermarket actuators, are they sure to work properly considering the systems existing electronics such as immobiliser etc? And where is best to find one? I had a quick look at ebay and stuff there is too generic. Unless its OEM.

All the actuator does is physically move the metal hook thingy in the door to lock/unlock it. An aftermarket one like Mongoose will work, drill and mount it in place, then hook it into existing wires. Don't need to remove the broken one, which is a tedious job as well sitting in awkward spot.

If you take it to any car audio/alarm shop that has done EP3/DC5s, just say you think the actuators fukd and want to put in an aftermarket one they'll probably know what you mean. Otherwise ebay, probably set you back $10 or $20
    KEEP IT VIET | KEEP IT JDM
    FaLL iN LoVe WheN YoU aRe ReAdY, NoT WhEN YoU ARe LOnEly

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    actuator is rooted. need a new one.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Ah so it's like an add-on.

Really appreciate the pointers, will look into it in the meantime.