Smoothness on the road.

Hello people of the internet,
    I just bought a dc5, so im still not fully familiar with it. But is it normal to feel every bump on the road and minor potholes (yes i do try avoid potholes) feels like i ran over a brick? If its not normal how do i go about to getting a more smoother ride? Change suspension or shocks?
    Thanks in advance.

This is fairly broad question,...

What is your previous experience in driving?

What is the condition of the DC5 [Base/Luxury/Type-R/Type-S]? What suspension? What Tires?

What road are you driving on?

Tell us more in otherwords please
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Quote Originally Posted by DreadAngel View Post
    This is fairly broad question,...

What is your previous experience in driving?

What is the condition of the DC5 [Base/Luxury/Type-R/Type-S]? What suspension? What Tires?

What road are you driving on?

Tell us more in otherwords please
    HAHAHA sorry! I've been driving for 3-4 years previously with a honda jazz and crv, both much smoother. Had the dc5 for probably a couple months now.
    It's a luxury DC5 hitting on 90000kms, the suspension is stock. I just bought new Pirelli P1 215/45 with te37 wheels yesterday.
    I noticed a bit more when i had the new wheels on.
    And its just normal suburban roads in the inner west area.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    don'tforget the dc5's meant to be more of a sporty car (regardless or not if it's a type R) so it does give you more roadfeel
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Ek4_cxi_type_R
    I was in a mates bog stock dc5 and I know what you mean op. And its normal. Its a sport orientated car. The valving for the shocks are definitely harder. Ever been in an fd civic?
    Last edited by joyride; Today at 07:26 AM. Reason: Ask for permission if you're going to use someone elses pic

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    probs ur tires, cos its low profile
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

My DC5R is lowered (Its not on the Floor) on Tein HA coilovers. Still using stock wheels and rubber and i can feel absolutely everything on the roads. I swear i can feel ants when i crush them with my vtec.

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    agry with frog guy above,low profile tyre for sure

in the meen time maybe try lower pressures

what psi are you use now?

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    I feel everything on the road as well. But Nearly all my cars have felt like this. Coilovers<3

Quote Originally Posted by EKVTIR-T View Post
    agry with frog guy above,low profile tyre for sure

in the meen time maybe try lower pressures

what psi are you use now?
    yer i agree with frog guy too, i think it may be the tyres/wheels. Im not sure what psi its on, i just got them fitted yesterday. What psi should i use ?

Thanks for all the response guys!

Quote Originally Posted by kingmlh View Post
    HAHAHA sorry! I've been driving for 3-4 years previously with a honda jazz and crv, both much smoother. Had the dc5 for probably a couple months now.
    It's a luxury DC5 hitting on 90000kms, the suspension is stock. I just bought new Pirelli P1 215/45 with te37 wheels yesterday.
    I noticed a bit more when i had the new wheels on.
    And its just normal suburban roads in the inner west area.
    No need to be sorry

As the others have mentioned, both the Honda Jazz and Honda CRV are designed for passenger comfort in mind thus the car's components [Shocks, Springs/Spring Rate, Bushes, etc] and the car's chassis [Sound deadening, Sealing of Interior, etc] itself are designed to reflect this.

A DC5 is designed as a 'Sporty' coupe so even if it is not a DC5R/DC5S, the engineers have designed the car with that in mind. So the suspension is stiffer [Springs, Shocks, Bushes,etc], chassis is more reinforced [Stiffer = Less Give = Less Comfort].

Are your Pirelli Cintuarto P1's with Run Flat tech? IF it is, then you have issues with the tyres. To date, all of the Run Flat tyres I've driven on are rock hard [They have to be given that they must be able to be driven on when no air] and are uncomfortable all round.

Quote Originally Posted by kingmlh View Post
    yer i agree with frog guy too, i think it may be the tyres/wheels. Im not sure what psi its on, i just got them fitted yesterday. What psi should i use ?

Thanks for all the response guys!
    Aim for 36psi for now, see how it responds
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter