Newcomer Array

DC5 luxury - Noisy power steering pump

Hi,

My partners 05 luxury Integra had a power steering leak so I had the hose replaced, the genuine hose was going to cost $800 so I went with a custom made hose from a hose fitting shop. Ever since changing the hose I've noticed the pump has a slight wine, I had the fluid flushed and replaced but the wine is still there. My mechanic said it could be that the diameter of the new hose is not wide enough and it is effecting the flow of fluid, my question is if I leave it as it is will it kill the pump? The wine is fairly quiet..

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    TypeSIntegra
    Hi jessV3,

I was just wondering how you solved your Issue I'm having the same problem now with my 05 Integra Type S I repaired my hose too and now after a few months I'm having an awe full noise now.

Thanks

Dunks

Quote Originally Posted by jessV3 View Post
    Hi,

My partners 05 luxury Integra had a power steering leak so I had the hose replaced, the genuine hose was going to cost $800 so I went with a custom made hose from a hose fitting shop. Ever since changing the hose I've noticed the pump has a slight wine, I had the fluid flushed and replaced but the wine is still there. My mechanic said it could be that the diameter of the new hose is not wide enough and it is effecting the flow of fluid, my question is if I leave it as it is will it kill the pump? The wine is fairly quiet..

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    Sometimes they don't clean the hose out thoroughly after assembly and there is debris left in there, going through your system fuking up all the seals and bearings.
    Last edited by renzokukenj; Today at 12:34 AM. Reason: hehe