Thread: 2001 Dc5 Base

Member Array
    Car:
    Dc5

2001 Dc5 Base

Hello Gentlemen,
    I'm the proud new owner of a eternal blue base dc5. I just got my P's and found a fairly nice deal on a 2001 model with 215xxx's on it. I figured it was a lot of k's, although after a bit of googling, found out the k20 series is the beast among all.
    A few things have been done to this thing throughout its life, a second-hand tranny has been put in it ( ) and that was done about 6 months ago. It's also had the oxy-sensor problem (as has everything..that i've read)
    Just wondering, anything else I should be looking out for in the first few weeks, months, etc. Of course a oil change is in order but is there anything else recommended?
    Thanks!
    Chris.
    Ps, full service history (every 10xxx's)

Member Array
    Car:
    Dc5
    Well I have encountered my first problem :O

Central locking issue:
    When I press the lock/unlock buttons on either of the 2 remotes, all I can hear is a clicking in the boot area. The doors do not lock and nothing happens.
    Also, when locking by key, only the drivers side door locks. Passenger has to be done by the other side or by pressing down the little stick inside the car.
    ALSO, the boot is never locked. Lock both doors and press buttons everywhere, it is always unlocked.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by Mothius; 15-02-2014 at 01:18 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Sounds like you got buggered door look actuatators
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Dc5
    Quote Originally Posted by curtis265 View Post
    Sounds like you got buggered door look actuatators
    And the boot??

Quote Originally Posted by Mothius View Post
    And the boot??
    Do you mean by hand/latch?

if so try push down, while trying to open it.

Member Array
    Car:
    Dc5
    Quote Originally Posted by cuppa View Post
    Do you mean by hand/latch?

if so try push down, while trying to open it.
    I have no problem opening it...However locking it is a task I cannot achieve
    Appreciating the help guys.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    So you bought a car and the doors won't lock?

Member Array
    Car:
    Dc5
    Ofcourse!!
    haha no, the beepers that were given at the time had no battery's in them (sus) and then when bought batteries, didn't work. Central locking through beeper wont work. Using key does lock doors but separately.
    Bought new actuators so will see how they go.

Member Array
    Car:
    CP2 / EG5
    don't worry too much , no one will steal a base model teggy

I have the same issues with the doors, however my beeper locks only the boot (Which is fine provided i hand lock the doors before pressing buzzer).
    If you do figure out the fix for the C/L I would love to steal some of your knowledge as to what to fix haha. Thanks in adv and good luck with the car. Post some pics up would love to see your progress!~

Member Array
    Car:
    Dc5
    Quote Originally Posted by NEG87V View Post
    I have the same issues with the doors, however my beeper locks only the boot (Which is fine provided i hand lock the doors before pressing buzzer).
    If you do figure out the fix for the C/L I would love to steal some of your knowledge as to what to fix haha. Thanks in adv and good luck with the car. Post some pics up would love to see your progress!~
    Yeah no problem man
    I just bought some new door lock actuators last week from ebay and they should be here this week, I'll fit them on the weekend and let you know how it goes!

Member Array
    Car:
    Dc5
    Quick Update.
    The car had a busted oxy sensor when i bought it so I decided it was time to be changed. Through numerous hours of research I found the best places to source oxys.
    Now this is up to personal preference, some people prefer Denso (the one Honda sourced their oxys from) or ones from honda....the same freaking thing, but some people have 'superstitions'.

For a 'Real Honda One' I found this Japanese/Russian website handy. They also had other handy things on there. I bought a boot shade hook and am waiting for it in the mail.
    http://www.impex-jp.com/zip/part-sea...=36531-PRB-A01

For a 'Fake Denso One..' I found RockAuto in the USA to be the place to go. Also have other stuff for RSX/Tegra so have a look!
    http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/rafr...-2349005-22091

Rockauto is about $150 with postage.
    Impex is about $220 with postage.
    Hope this helps anyone looking for oxys without getting ripped $500 from honda for one!!

Ps, Impex is a tricky website which took me a little practice to get used to. Feel free to Pm me if wanting a little guidance!
    Last edited by Mothius; 27-02-2014 at 08:32 AM.