Newcomer Array
    Car:
    92 Integra

Question Needing some help with my DA9!

Hi all,I have a 92 1.8L twin cam DA9 integra. I went to order some parts today, timing kit and bits and pieces so my car is running smoothly. The person I spoke to offered to buy my car (happens a lot and I don't know why?) and told me my model was the type R. On my rego papers it just says honda Integra with no specific model variation. I'm confused now as to wether it is the type R or not. All the information online is based on American models and is conflicting! And please no hate, I'm a chick and have some mechanical understanding but I'm not a mechanic any help would be great

Hi Jen,

The person that told you that has no idea what they're talking about. Integra-Rs [Type-Rs] only existed in the DC2/DC5 with either a B18C or K20A, the DA series Integras did not have a Type-R variant.

If you have pics of your car and can tell us your chassis number, we can confirm for you too
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    92 Integra
    That's what I though. In his parts directory it was listed as a type R for some reason lol. The part supplier I went to is the only one locally that has parts in stock for my car, it was the right year model and engine variant so would the parts be the right ones even though they are listed as something else? The chassis number is JHMDA93500S200195 but I'm unable to upload pics as I'm using an iPhone.

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9T+Euro
    Buy online if that's what the parts man says he has no idea!
    DA9 LS w/JDM SiR B18C turbo
    Looking for older Honda project car pre-1985