Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic EK1 CXi

Lightbulb debadging the Civic EK1 1999

So today I decided it is finally time to debadge my civic EK1.

I will be leaving the H badges because they require a lot of work due to the holes that will be left when debadged, and just tackling the 'civic' badge to begin with!

First of all! Here's a BEFORE photo

First: Applying boiling water
    This will help loosen up the adhesives behind the badge and make it easier to remove while also reducing the risk of damaging the pain

Secondly: You can use various tools but my choice of weapon will be some dental floss!
    start working at one end and move the floss back and forth dividing the adhesive holding up the badge. pour more hot water in the seams to make it easier.

THE BADGE IS OFF

As you can see there is some adhesive left on the body.

You will require: WD-40, Orange Power (Or any other adhesive remover alternative), A rag or micro fibre cloth.

Spray some WD-40 on it and let is soak up for a few minutes.
    After a couple of minutes use an old or unused card and start scraping away!

After I had scraped off most of the adhesive I could still see an outline of sticky glue stuff. This is where the Orange Power comes in.
    Dab some orange power on to a cloth and spread it over the surface area. After a couple seconds, rub it off with a cloth and warm/hot water

The finished Product!
    You can still see a faint outline of the badge, nothing some T Cut and polish and fix

The Badge now proudly sits on my desk wall

Thanks for tuning in Leave a comment!

using a hair dryer or a heat gun is the easier and safer option.

^X2, also a steamer works aswell

Member Array
    Car:
    front ender ek9
    nice writeup but i suggest some oem taillights

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 ST205 GRX13
    Just did this to the mrs civic a couple of weeks ago. Unfortunately the adhesive took a tiny bit of paint with it, oh well.
    ST205 Group A Rallye 307kw atw
    GRX133 Australias first Mark X
    EK1

I've done this on a few of my cars now. The hair-dryer technique works better for sure, except for one time where the hair-dryer caught fire!!! Looks like a good job though, work that T-Cut in well though

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    97 civic gli

debadging the Civic EK1 1999

A good buff should get that outline out. I was lucky enough to get my badges removed when mine was at the smashies.

Looks a heap better debadged

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic EK1 CXi
    Quote Originally Posted by ctx View Post
    nice writeup but i suggest some oem taillights
    Haha why? I love my tail lights.