Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Euro CL9 & CU2

[CL9] Question about 80,000km service - What's a good price?

My CL9 is due for its 80,000km service! I have been quoted anything from $550 to $800. This is a huge increase compared to previous minor services in which I only paid around $150.

Now I know that the 80,000km service is considered a major service (or "mini major" as some have called it) and it involves a few more inspections and replacements.

I was told that to check the valve clearance alone is about $200 and replacing the fuel filter is about $150. Does this sound about right?

I was thinking that I might just pay for the valve clearance check and fuel filter replacement and then do the rest myself (i.e. oil/filter change, air cleaner element change).

Do you guys think $550 for the lot is a good price?

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    A member here operates a Honda shop in adelaide, hondadynamics i think, member name is "Hontune" give him a PM.

BTW if you car is an auto i'd do a ATF change on top
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars