Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    98 ek b18cr

The Nutter Basta#d. Ek1 build.

(Pictures have been removed to make space in account for sale post)

Okay, so, since I know just how much you, the world of OzHonda love build threads, I thought it may be time to introduce The Nutter. My apologies go out for keeping you in the dark for so long, I am a few months along already. Please bare with me as this first post may be lengthy.
    Some of you may have seen my most recent posts, some may have even helped. I have been having electrical issues after a b swap. The culprit was a damaged immobiliser within the ecu, a previous owner had removed the PCB chip instead of correctly bypassing the immo. Please hear my warning, just because the fuel primes and the engine turns over with the rare start hear and there, DOES NOT mean the immobiliser is working correctly. I have since fixed the issue and am full steam ahead.
    It has been an interesting few months with it's ups and mostly downs, long nights filled with dirty hands, bloody knuckles and the common cuss.

Pictures are coming, for the meantime please bare with me and use some imagination.

I introduce to you The Nutter. She started out as an ek1, d16y4 with just shy of 160,000kms on the clock. Standard interior, original paint and alpine stars 17" wheels.
    Nothing to boast nor get excited about.

Just like any 17 year old boy, the first thing I purchased was a stereo. Two 12" pioneer subs, a sony explode mono amp and pioneer 4 channel to power the already installed sony explode 6x9's and tweeters with standard sony crossovers.

From hear we move to the new wheels, 17's and then 16's. Yet still, I'm looking for newer and better, my eyes are currently on a set of rota grids, drift teks or bbs's.

With a new filter, resonator removed ( the inner lining was rusting out and leaving a "ssshhhh" sound). She is breathing better and chewing more fuel [ 98 only of course ]

A new set of coilovers, koni yellows, dampener and two stage height adjustability was perfect for a budget, accompanied by a set of king springs and she was sitting lower.

After 12 months of the d series, and getting quite bored, it was time for a heart transplant. I was always sold on the b18c and fair had delivered a c7 right in my lap. Perfect.
    With two guys who had never done a swap before, in a mates garage that was too small for what we had planned, we had her swapped in. A face full of freon, the incorrect t mount and aftermarket mounts which did not line up correctly, 8am starts and 5am finishes, two wrong engine looms, new distributor internals and a faulty immobiliser.
    These are just the surface of our weekend and coming months. I'll get into detail about that all later.

This is just the beginning of the plans I have, from what was meant to be a drag car to the now track and mountain twisties. This girl has some major surgery ahead. Keep an eye out at future events and don't be shy to help with my research. If I post a brand or item I want and you have had a bad experience or think there is something better, please tell me. I am always learning and eager to hear directly from others.

It is now midnight and I'm working tomorrow. For now I say good night and check back soon.
    Last edited by Dyln.bxtr; 12-11-2014 at 11:19 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    If you decide on rotas, make sure they're genuine. Some fake rotas floating around.
    SSpamily

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    Ballin
    part time potato

Member Array
    Car:
    98 ek b18cr
    Thanks cbauto, I'll be sure to keep an eye out.
    Has anyone run 15 or 16x10's? And if so, what tires would you recommend?
    My currents aren't making quite enough traction.

Okay, I've given the basics.
    Now to get into detail of the path that I have taken to where I am now.
    Starting with the engine swap. As I said I have a b18c7, I had researched previously settling on either a b18c or all out and go a k swap. For a budget I have gone with my b18 aiming for a hp of 300 - 400 turbo'd. Te swap was done rather easily, although with a lack of research, I was found hunting for parts at the last minute. Example is the rear t mount. I had also unknowingly bought the wrong loom ( don't ask how), an obd2b loom for an hrv. I had also bought a loom adapter for it ( silly me). Second time round I was a bit luckier and found the correct loom, however I was experiencing electrical problems. It was from here that I bought new internals for my distributor, new cap and leads also. The issue was still there.
    Next it was to test the electrical systems starting with the alternator ( I was originally suffering voltage drop, the problem was the starter wire too close to the vss).
    From here it was onto new keys and replacing the immobiliser system.
    It wasn't until I tried a mates ecu that we discovered the problem, the ecu immobiliser. An original owner, as stated previously, had pulled the PCB chip off the ecu board. Who would have guessed.

The engine was now running and starting every time. I was sure I wanted a 1/4 mile car until I had tried my nebo. Instantly falling in love with the twists, the attention required and adrenalin boost. I've always had an ADD problem and this had solved it. My intentions and plans had changed over night.
    I have since installed an ASR rear subframe brace in preparation for a 24mm ITR sway bar. I am also planning to change out my rear LCA's, front LCA's and install a front sway. To lower the centre if gravity, and hopefully remove as much body roll and movement as possible.

Bringing us to the present. On Sunday at the DS c&c meet at QR, I had popped a drive shaft (torque push or something). It was a day ender and wasn't until we had it up on a hoist that we discovered what the problem was. It was also from here that a leak was found. She was bone dry and the trans case, with my fluid leaking from the left driveshaft seal.
    I had also found that I was low on oil, how I am unsure, but the opportunity was taken for an oil change and filter replacement. I'll be keeping a close eye on the oil and ordering a new driveshaft seal.

Talk about a long journey full of surprises, but from here in she will definitely be on the up.
    I have also set my self the goal of making the 2015 targa series. Fingers crossed that the finances will be inline and that we have enough time to make it down.

Pictures will be up as soon as I can get onto a laptop.
    Last edited by Dyln.bxtr; 20-02-2014 at 01:48 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    no weetek civic
    This thread is useless without pics.
    SSpamily

hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    tldr no pics
    /thread
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    98 ek b18cr
    I have no idea what tldr stands for. But patience guys. Uploading pictures now. They are off my phone so it may take sometime.
    But in the meantime I have some good and bad news.
    So, I came round the corner onto Stafford road. About 100m I lost traction. The ass started sliding, corrected, went the other way. Couldn't correct, and lost it completely. Went across both lanes of on coming traffic and slid straight to the gutter. Cracked my rear wheel with the force of the impact.
    So, guess it's time for an upgrade
    Thinking rota grid classics or bbs. Anybody know what size an offset could suite an ek??
    Last edited by Dyln.bxtr; 21-02-2014 at 11:40 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    98 ek b18cr

okay, pictures time.
    Bare with me as there is quite a few, as i said, its been an 18 month build and a lot has happened.
    Last edited by Dyln.bxtr; 12-11-2014 at 11:17 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    98 ek b18cr

here are some more.
    Once again, sorry for them all coming at once.
    Last edited by Dyln.bxtr; 12-11-2014 at 11:18 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    98 ek b18cr

I promise, pictures are half way.
    These are the last for tonight. Will be uploading to photobucket and posting the rest. hang tight and sorry once again and in advance for the next spam that will be coming through
    Last edited by Dyln.bxtr; 12-11-2014 at 11:18 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    Nice. Please try and upload the pics correctly so they dont come up at thumbnails
    part time potato

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    Nice. Please try and upload the pics correctly so they dont come up at thumbnails
    part time potato