Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Array
    Car:
    Disco Potato

Euro DC5R Gearknob installed.

Hey guys
    I finally got my gearknob installed. it arrived today. Im SOOOOO happy with the purchase
    Its soooooo much heavier than stock leather one and when shifting, it just seems to "click" into place. sooo cool

I bought it off ebay from Acura of Escondido parts. I REALLY REALLY recommend these guys. AWESOME delivery time and VERY QUICK email replies.

I'll post some pics of the knob soon
    Fast and furious? I drive slow and luxurious...

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 & CL9
    good to hear buddy.
    just dun forget to post up pics lol

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Good for you mate - my favourite mod so far.

Here it is on mine - I think most people have seen the pics

Last edited by yfin; 05-04-2005 at 10:42 PM.

Array
    Car:
    Disco Potato
    yes and btw. thanks a LOT to yfin. he's the one who recommended me ACURA OF ESCONDIDO pple.
    thanks again for the tip mate owe ya one

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    How much is the knob and does it screw onto the standard shifter?

Also does it only fit the euro ?: D
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    I only pointed you in the right direction - it was Baboo's great idea to try the DC5R knob from the RSX. Thanks Baboo That is the great thing about Ozhonda. Sharing ideas and contacts.

Wynode - it is bloody cheap - it is only around $65 shipped to Australia! And it isn't a copy - it is a genuine Honda part and comes boxed nicely. Someone was saying on this forum Honda parts in Australia want a couple hundred for the DC5R knob. Just order it from the USA! Those yanks get things so much cheaper

It should fit other models - but note it is 6 speed pattern. It screws onto the stock shifter with some simple changes to the boot and nut (instructions are simple)

Array
    Car:
    Disco Potato
    here are the pics. Sorry if it appears to be grainy but my photoshop stuffed up on me. argh. i'll take some decent shots of it if u guys want later on.

its pretty simple to fit the knob, and it comes with instructions. But I was not happy at how it looked when I followed the instructions because the ring and the collar kept moving up and down. I had to do some custom work of my own to get the look I wanted.

Heres the site for the instructions.
    https://hondacuraworld.hostasaurus.c.../shiftknob.pdf

Firstly, I did not unclip the console. there was no need to. I just squeezed the original plastic ring out of the shift boot.

Next, there are 3 little bumps on the aftermarket ring (pple who got the knob will know what Im talking about). Those 3 bumps are there to help latch on the collar. I sanded down one of the bumps so it was smooth and i pushed the flange nut in between the ring so it fit.

Then, with the flange nut tight in between the ring, i screwed the ring on with the flange nut together but installed it so that the flange nuts flat face was facing DOWN the gearstick.

Finally, I screwed the shift knob on and got a tight fit. The boot use to have a zip tie on it before so it was a bit crinkled at the top, which was perfect for covering the ring.

From the parts received, I did not use the collar and the zip tie.

Now, the ring and the boot does not move up and down the shaft of the gearstick. it stays in place and is a tight fit, which is what I wanted.

Here are the results. enjoy

Last edited by stephen8512; 05-04-2005 at 11:37 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Stephen -you have done some weird things to that boot! I think the way shown in the instructions is a "cleaner" look - but hey style is subjective. Here is a tip for you - take that boot off and carefully iron the top to remove that crease (iron inside out).

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda CRV 2011
    Nice job Stephen craps on the oz oem one

Array
    Car:
    Disco Potato
    lol yfin. dunno if u were being serious or joking when u said i've done some weird things with the boot

how do you take the bottom bit of the console off? i unhooked the top 2, but didnt want to try the bottom as it might snap or something.....

btw just out of curiousity yfin, does the collar and ring move up and down for you as well?
    Last edited by stephen8512; 06-04-2005 at 12:06 AM.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe

Could I get the seller's ebay ID? I might want to jump on the aluminium knobby crew! Is yours with the red or black lettering? I prefer it with the boot all the way to the knob, like how you did it.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Array
    Car:
    Disco Potato
    aaronng, mines the black lettering. still looks sooooooo good

heres the link to ACURA OF ESCONDIDO PARTS on ebay

http://stores.ebay.com/Acura-of-Escondido-Parts

shop away !!!