Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '06 Accord Euro

Exclamation Electrical Problem

Hi all,

I recently got a new battery installed, and since then (that i have noticed) I have had a few issues with the electrics.
    The exact problem is that when I am driving, or stopped at lights (wherever), The radio and gauges in the dash all turn off for half a second and then switch back on...
    The battery seems to be connected fine. A few people have said it may be a grounding issue.
    It doesn't seem to affect the engine, however i can feel a sort of *bump when it happens.
    Anybody know what's going on?

Member Array
    Car:
    S2k + CBX250
    definitely check your grounds and connections, could your ground cable be dead inside the sheathing?

try clean your terminals, with a old tooth brush or whatever then tighten it back up and go to SuperCheapAuto and get the battery terminal grease and put that over them also take your ground off where it meets the chassis clean that up and bolt it down, put some grease there too if u like. clean terminals can make a big difference

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '06 Accord Euro
    Thanks for that. It's a new battery and was cleaned with a steel brush before it was connected back up so I don't think its the main terminals. Could be the cable or the spot where it meets the chassis.
    Cheers!
    Also I have only had a quick look around, but are there any Accord Euro groups, like meet ups or cruises that happen?

Member Array
    Car:
    S2k + CBX250
    were your battery cables terminals cleaned aswell? or just the battery posts?

also for Euro only events i think you would need to get onto either an Accord forum (OzAccord), or a Euro forum (if the even have one).
    Facebook however is a good bet, find the OzHonda page on there and ask if there is a Euro Club in your area!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '06 Accord Euro
    The whole lot was cleaned. It hasn't been doing it on short drives. (under 15 mins) So this weekend I'll check it out and go for a drive.
    wow, didnt even know there was an accord forum. cheers!

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Grounds man as BabyFace said
    Check chassis and engine grounds
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum