Unhappy Navigation system in Accord 2013

I bought a new Accord VTi-L in January 2014 and was extremely disappointed to find that their navigation system does not have the following common features which all GPS have:

1. There is no speed or red light camera location and warnings.
    2. The system does not show the speed limit of the road you are travelling on
    3. You are not able to set your own speed limit and warning if you exceed your own limit.

I have spoken to the dealer who was not helpful. He simply said sorry these things are not available on new Honda accord's Navigation system. I have also provided written feedback to Honda, Australia to which there is no response. I feel cheated that none of the reviews of the new accord or Accord Brochure mentioned these shortcomings. If I had known this before buying, I would definitely not buy this car. Does anyone know if it is possible to get above info on Honda navigation system? I am currently using my old Tom Tom instead of Honda Navigation.

I am an extremely unsatisfied customer!

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    unfortunately companies do not have to state what the car does NOT come with.
    only what the car comes with, unless it's the obvious.

so you are not probably going to get very far with your feedback.

I agree. However I am disappointed that none of the independent reviewers such as NRMA, casguide, themotorreport, caradvice etc who reviewed this car but did not identify this important shortcoming.

got my 2013 accord in Aug, did something most potential buyers do - test drove the thing and played with all the buttons. knew straight away the standard honda gps wasnt up to par with my iphone tomtom app. the only time i use the honda gps is when i cant drive home from a night out, find a dd and set the car to home.

if the gps is your tipping point you should have tested it yourself before flopping your $$$ down?
    Using Tapatalk

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Quote Originally Posted by kebinking View Post
    got my 2013 accord in Aug, did something most potential buyers do - test drove the thing and played with all the buttons. knew straight away the standard honda gps wasnt up to par with my iphone tomtom app. the only time i use the honda gps is when i cant drive home from a night out, find a dd and set the car to home.

if the gps is your tipping point you should have tested it yourself before flopping your $$$ down?
    X10
    People think
    "Oh i got a top of the range car, i assume it comes with bells and whitsles'
    Does not even test drive it
    Only realises that after buying the car
    /sigh
    If you take your car advice from big stupid media moguls - think again
    Word of mouth & personal experience > media reports
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord v6L 2008
    Can you share with me the disc ...Thank you my friend .

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    MY12EuroLux6spd
    This is why I bought my Euro WITHOUT SatNav.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    if you want REAL sat nav get an aftermarket one for the CU2.

Factory unit is hopeless.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars