Thread: Blue Slipping

Member Array
    Car:
    Rolla Sportivo

Blue Slipping

Hey guys,

I know you have probably had this question before, and sorry if so. I've seen eg's and ek's that have had engines swaps like b16's and b18's into ek1's and eg vti's and they say they have being blue slipped and the engine is registered to the RTA.

They also say it is p plate legal. Is this true? I know about the 15% extra law but I'm just curious. Thanks
    Lived the Prelude Life 13/11/13 - 15/09/15
    My 1998 B-84P Prelude VTi-R
    Now living Getz with Lift life - 05 Corolla Sportivo - Standard Sportivo Mod Shiz

Member Array
    Car:
    Rolla Sportivo
    So technically the swap is legal but driving it on your p's isn't. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    Lived the Prelude Life 13/11/13 - 15/09/15
    My 1998 B-84P Prelude VTi-R
    Now living Getz with Lift life - 05 Corolla Sportivo - Standard Sportivo Mod Shiz

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Quote Originally Posted by Squalled View Post
    So technically the swap is legal but driving it on your p's isn't. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    Nice and simple. You can drive w/e motor you want in w/e car you want. Given you have the dollars for it.

If your P plater. You can only drive swapped cars that are under 25% displacement.

Example:
    Ek With B18 is p plater legal cos the engine upgrade is less then 25% of the original motor displacement.

Ek with B20/K20 p plateer illegal cos its over the 25% threshold.

DC2 wit K20 is p plater legal cos the increase is less then 25%

Now the rules may have changed since I've last looked into this.

But thats how they worked when I did my b18 swap.

no such thing as a 25% displacement increase threshold and never has been

Quote Originally Posted by dorikin View Post
    no such thing as a 25% displacement increase threshold and never has been
    Correct - and I vaguely recall the rules something along the lines of IF the engine you want is offered in your chassis at the same emissions bracket or later then it comes under "replacement engine". This is used to work out braking force required too.
    Anything else requires proper engineering and hence illegal for platers. I'm yet to see a k series swap driven 100% Legally by a p plater ? ( or anyone for that matter lol)