Member Array
    Car:
    EF8 CRX

Civic Ep3R Registration in QLD

G'day guys
    Looking to buy an EP3r from interstate, probably NSW.
    Thought id best check with you learned folk and save myself a possible divorce if i stuff up..
    Is there anything different about buying one of these interstate and getting registered in Qld than a normal non-import car?
    In other words, do imports have different rules when crossing state lines for rego?
    Ill be buying a car that has definitely been registered in australian just not QLD.
    Kind regards
    Scott

Member Array
    Car:
    EF8 CRX
    Is anyone sure of the rules?

Member Array
    Car:
    FD Civic Modulo
    I'm pretty sure you'll be fine if the car has been registered here. Although, many years ago there were cars registered in Victoria that couldn't be registered elsewhere because import (not sure what the go was), but it was a genuine EK9 I think.

Make sure it's had full rego, and if possible ask to see import / compliance paperwork (not essential but it gives you a bit more confidence that the car is legit). If it has been legitimately registered in another state, it should be fine in QLD. Many years ago there were a lot of cars imported under "rally rego" which was a dodgy way for people to avoid compliancing the car. I think these would all be off the roads by now, though.

If in doubt, call the DOT for confirmation of what is needed.