Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CU2

Exclamation [CU2] Fuel pump episode

Hello everyone,

Went to fill up my Euro today (fuel light was on ~60km left) and got a little worried when fuel started collecting at the entrance to the tank where the nozzle goes in - and enough for it to start spilling out over the wheel arch. I know the handbook says not to 'top up' so that theres space for the fuel to expand, but shouldn't the pump have cut-off by that point to prevent this?

The attendant gave me a special cloth to mop it up - I held it against the tank entrance until it stopped coming out, but I'm a little worried that there is too much in the tank now. Should this be a problem? I did notice a small hole to the left of the tank entrance which looked like a run-off back into the tank but I cant be sure. Anyone know what this is?

Any help/advice would be most welcome.
    Thanks
    Raj

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    if there's too much u better start driving it
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    08' Euro CU2
    just drive it at night hahaha, cooler at night, less expanding, go for a nice drive after dinner or something

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    When you fill up your car
    You will hear an audible filling sound when you reach almost peak fuel capacity
    It's kind of hard to explain, but its just like filling up a jug and the sound it make before it overflows
    Listen for that so you don't gush fuel everywhere

Also kind of calculate the kms driven
    So you've done 420kms - you'll need roughly 35-39litres.
    So you won't overfill - hope this crappy explanation helps
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum