Member Array
    Car:
    FD1

Centre Console Armrest Fix for a Civic FD

If your center console armrest is always popping open because the clip lock is broken (pic #1), then here's a free DIY to fix it.
    The concept is that, instead of the armrest popping up like a hood damper every time you open it, the armrest remains closed unless you lift it open with your hand (because of gravity).

I used this guide as a reference:
    http://civic.hondafitjazz.com/A00/HT...402KBAT00.HTML

Right side - the clip is bent/crooked and doesn't lock in anymore

Using the reference diagram above, use a plastic prying tool to pry open the centre console rear cover.

With the cover off.

Locate the head of the metal pin (top pic).

Pull out the pin (easier with the prying tool or flat head screwdriver)
    With the pin taken out, remove the armrest by lifting it out.

-----Optional-----

Use a hex screwdriver to unscrew the two screws.
    ------------------
    -----Optional-----

To take off the lid, push towards the (broken) clip and lift it out.
    Adjust whatever you need to adjust and pop the lid back in - this is a little tricky, but using the right pic, pop the lid back into the two jelly bean holes at the bottom, and then push it down.
    Then put the two screws back in.
    ------------------

Adjust the armrest/lid so that whatever spring it was resting on, no longer pops the armrest/lid open.
    After a bit of adjustment, you should be able to fit the armrest back in without it automatically opening.
    Feed the pin back into the hole (this could take awhile as you need to fiddle/needle it through the holes), and put the rear cover back on.

All done
    No more armrest randomly popping open when you're driving!

(I had this broken for a couple of weeks, and called this my interior Vtec spoiler, because every time I floored it, the armrest popped open and deployed like DRS haha)

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic Sport
    Excellent instructions just done it and the rest stops down could not ask for more.