Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    1996 civic ej8

Rislone low compression fix WORKS!

Ok everybody I'm in shock.... 50kms ago I did a compression test and found all my cylinders were at 140psi and after the 50kms of driving with this rislone compression repair stuff all cylinders are hitting 170!!! Or just about!

This stuff is legit! If your having low compression I highly recommend it!!

Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    Did you do both tests at the same temperature?
    SSpamily

Member Array
    Car:
    1996 civic ej8
    The first test the car was warmer....

Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    Your test is invalid
    SSpamily

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Jamie I can guarantee you this stuff doesn't "repair" or "rebuild" anything. It's an oil additive, the only way it can help create a better seal for the presumably worn piston rings is to thicken up the oil. I remember working at SCA when we got that stuff and it's a really thick additive.

So essentially it can't really be much different from running a thicker oil.
    Last edited by Super-DA9; 08-04-2014 at 05:57 PM.
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    1996 civic ej8
    How is my test invalid ? When my car was warmer it did 140psi and when it was colder it did 170? I'll do another test with it warmer and will you then be pleased? But is it not possible that that the chemicals react with the hot spots or something I'm not saying it rebuilt or repaired anything because it's scientifically impossible without any chemical hardeners or solid deposits but if something was sticking or wasn't sealed properly that this worked ? Therefor FIXED my issue..... Maybe it did maybe it didn't but my driving experience is much better and the power is completely different so if you don't have the time or money to do a rebuild or replace the engine why not?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    It's great if it seems to have improved somewhat but all I'm saying is try just using a thicker oil next time as it's essentially the same thing. The problem with additives is that they leave deposits everywhere inside your engine which isn't good in the long run.

But yeah basically the "rebuild" and "repair" claims on the label of the bottle are very false.. haha.

Also consider trying the test again with a different brand of compression tester just to be sure. Compression testers aren't the most accurate tools which is why you generally just look for consistency rather than big numbers.
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    1996 civic ej8
    Yea that makes sense but I also really like magnatec 10w-40 so I dunno I guess I'll decide when it comes it'll probably come down to what's comes on sale first haha but it doesn't really say anything completely along those line Tim rebuilds "compression" which in my case it did "compression" repair which in my case it did hahaha you just gotta think about how they write it dad used to be a mechanic and only bought snap on and good tools so I'm guessing it's pretty good but hahaha I will if you get the chance I'll be happy to use urs! haha

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Fair enough man if it helps and you're happy with it then all good I suppose. Just though I'd chip in my 2c.

Quote Originally Posted by Super-DA9
    But yeah basically the "rebuild" and "repair" claims on the label of the bottle are very false.. haha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamwa3 View Post
    it doesn't really say anything completely along those line Tim
    I was referring to the writing on the front of the packaging in your photo just FYI:

I just have a normal Stanley tester, nothing flash.

In any case it's cool that you got it sorted.
    Last edited by Super-DA9; 08-04-2014 at 10:32 PM.
    -ZAMMIN-

- Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    1996 civic ej8
    Hahaha yea thanks Tim I'm just kidding and it really has made a difference to my driving experience even for a d series

Goodness gracious me and heavens to betsy! I haven't seen this sort of stuff for.............................................. What it is, is a goo that gums up your top piston rings so they seal a bit better, don't expect it to last. Several different brands brought it out, also 'sposed to stop bearing knock. If your engines starting to use a bit of oil etc, go to a heavier grade, 20w-50 or even 25w-60. That stuff will ruin your engine. (mind you, doesn't sound to healthy anyway)

Member Array
    Car:
    1996 civic ej8

Rislone low compression fix WORKS!

I guess we'll see and I'll let you know! Thanks for your opinion on how healthy my engine is top stuff mate seems like you know everything