Thread: Wheel Spacers

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic

Wheel Spacers

Hey guys,

Especially to anyone with an ek. I've got an ek1 on stockies, don't want to put new rims on the car just cause I'd be way too stressed leaving my car at the station. Just going to take the hub caps off and paint the steel wheels black. My car's on UL King Springs and Pedders shocks. I want to put some wheel spacers on just so it's more flush with the guards. What width would I be looking at getting?

Cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    however wide to would be to make the wheels sit flush. Measure it with a tape measure?

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    yeah best way is to go measure.

another thing you could do is buy widened steelies.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic
    Cheers! Where am I measuring from? And where can I get widened steelies in Melbourne? Not paying 500 for deep dish dynamic steelies.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    the spacer will push the wheel outward by the width of the spacer

so basically measure from the point that you think will scrape the guard, moving along the axle's direction until it hits the guard
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Quote Originally Posted by Lego View Post
    Cheers! Where am I measuring from? And where can I get widened steelies in Melbourne? Not paying 500 for deep dish dynamic steelies.
    Just measure the distance between the guards to the edge of the rim, make sure to leave some space between the fenders and the wheel so it doesn't scrub
    D16Y4 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by tangk View Post
    Just measure the distance between the guards to the edge of the rim, make sure to leave some space between the fenders and the wheel so it doesn't scrub
    measure to the rim if you intend on replacing the tyres

measure to tyre if you intend on keeping them.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Quote Originally Posted by curtis265 View Post
    measure to the rim if you intend on replacing the tyres

measure to tyre if you intend on keeping them.
    Good pickup !
    D16Y4 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Member Array
    Car:
    370Z/DC5
    What sort of spacers are you getting? And what width? First thing someone should have suggested is don't bother. Second thing is get hub centric ones if you're that keen. And third, you need to take into account the length of your studs if your putting on a really large spacer so your wheel nuts are still hanging onto plenty of thread. When it comes to safety, I'm sure you'll agree you probably don't want your wheel leaving the hub unexpectedly at 100km/ph down the highway. Just don't do it ghetto dude