Member Array
    Car:
    Mini/Honda

adjusting cable clutch

Hi All

I have installed a brand new HD exedy clutch plate, pressure plate and lightened flywheel in my Y1 cable box, have driven car briefly, selects all gears, only downside is the clutch engages very low to the floor - 20-30 mm, I was always under the impression a new clutch should engage higher up the pedal travel not close to the floor?

I have tried adjusting the cable, which doesn't change too much? Could there be something else incorrect with the setup?

any ideas

Cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    the adjuster on the gearbox end is really just to set the amount of slack on the pedal

if you wind it beyond the point of slackness youre actually pulling the clutch itself

there is also some adjustment above the peda which depending on how its set now might let you raise it a bit

Member Array
    Car:
    Mini/Honda
    Yea I thought it was more to do with slackness, the engine/box is in a mini so I dont have any adjustment on the pedal itself

Remember the mini clutch pedal is a different ratio to the standard honda one - I think you will have to run a spacer (38-40mm) like most do when using the standard honda clutch setup

OR readjust your clutch pedal by changing the pivot point

Member Array
    Car:
    Mini/Honda
    Ok that is true but I am not sure why it would be different to the original clutch setup I have. The tranny had a standard honda flywheel , pressure plate and clutch plate and the current pedal pivot point worked great.
    I am just worried I haven't installed the clutch kit correctly ? I don't know what I could have done differently if that's the case.

Member Array
    Car:
    Mini/Honda
    If do where would the spacer go ? Cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    Mini/Honda
    Anyone?

Member Array
    Car:
    Mini/Honda
    Could it be that the thrust bearing is incorrect? I thought there were only 2- one for cable and one for hydro? Can anyone confirm this ?

Quote Originally Posted by monda2 View Post
    If do where would the spacer go ? Cheers
    So you had this exact setup in the mini before and it was fine ?
    Scratch my comment on the spacer !

In regards to the release bearing there is 2 types as per hydro vs cable. They are not compatible so I wouldn't worry about that.
    Since you are still worrying about this it might
    Be time to drop the box again and reinstall everything step by step to make sure ?