Member Array
    Car:
    FD Civic Modulo

Sticky phone holder pads - Okay to pass the laws?

I just bought this fantastic sticky pad thing made of rubber that I can put in that bit between the speedo and the tachometer on my FD Civic to put my phone on. Has a rubber stick on non slip base and the phone rests on these two wedge points.

Now I need to know something with regards to these new phone rules, esp. after seeing Victoria implement those new spy camera things today... it says it has to be a commercially available phone cradle mount affixed to the car according to the RMS.

Does that mean I need to drill my interior to affix it to the car permanently?

you could argue, that you bought it at a shop, and therefore it is commercially viable.

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 nugget
    Quote Originally Posted by sensei_ View Post
    you could argue, that you bought it at a shop, and therefore it is commercially viable.
    This is exactly how I interpret it. Think of the GripGo that everyone has - just a sticky pad and nothing else! You'll be fine mate.

Might get done on a technicality with the 'cradle mount' part lol. Doubt youll even get caught though
    Chunky = the first youngest ozhonda member ever

OZHONDA 4 LYFE!

Member Array
    Car:
    FD Civic Modulo
    Quote Originally Posted by chunky View Post
    Might get done on a technicality with the 'cradle mount' part lol. Doubt youll even get caught though
    Now that you put it that way, yeah never been pulled over before for anything lol.

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Why would you even want one of these things in your car. They smell real bad.