Member Array
    Car:
    Scooter Type R

Front pulser failure?

Hey guys, just recently my ABS light as well as E-brake light popped up (obviously when my E-brake is down) thus disabling my ABS.

It happens around 10 minutes after starting and driving my car and once I turn it off and back on it'll disappear for another 10 minutes.

So I went to my mate's garage to get it scanned and it reads as a fault code 21-01
    which translates to a Right front pulser failure. Now i've done a bit of googling and i'm still quite confused to what a front pulser is, if anyone can shed some light on how to fix this problem that'll be sweet. Thanks guys!

Also my car is a 02 Civic EP3R.

Here's the scan

Last edited by viett; 26-04-2014 at 03:09 AM. Reason: add picture

Installed coilovers or done something to the brakes recently ? Might of stretched or cut the wire to the ABS pulser located on the brake hub aimed at the driveshaft collar. Each corner of the car has one and tells when to "pulse" the braking of each corner

Member Array
    Car:
    Scooter Type R
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    Installed coilovers or done something to the brakes recently ? Might of stretched or cut the wire to the ABS pulser located on the brake hub aimed at the driveshaft collar. Each corner of the car has one and tells when to "pulse" the braking of each corner
    Yeah installed coils and change brake pads a while ago but it only happened recently, how would I go about fixing this problem?

Firstly you need to check out the teeth on the driveshaft to make sure they are consistent all the way around. Check for chipped teeth, or a rock stuck etc. next check the connection all the way to the ABS motor/unit. Check that it's properly plugged in

If you can't find any obvious issue you can get a replacement part - I believe DC5/RSX shares the same part for searching purposes

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    You stretched the WSS cable when doing suspension work and damaged the sensor cable. This can be confirmed by measuring the resistance of the WSS