Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 06

Screeching brakes

Hi guys, i just recently got my brake pads replaced but after driving it for a while 1000km+ the screech has gotten worse and comes from the front of the car.

My mechanic had already machined both of the front rotors and replaced my brake pads with Bendix pads. I took the car back and he machined the front rotors again. After driving for another 1000km+ it's starting to screech pretty badly again.

I drive a 06 Accord Euro, does anyone know what could be the cause of this problem, and how i could possibly fix it?

Thanks.

EDIT. Just reread. You say bendix....

Aftermarket pads often are made of lower quality material than OEM and under the usual braking cycle the material can splinter around the edges of the pads and give this screeching you speak of. Also brake pads with different working temps can give this effect until they "warm up"

Either swap them for original honda pads or get used to the noise.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 06
    They are Bendix brake pads

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 06
    Bump, has anyone else gotten a problem using aftermarket pads? or is there something else that is causing this problem?

you can apply a compound to the back of the pads/shims that dampens the vibration that causes squealing. Normally not needed on OEM pads because they would be tuned to the specific vehicle unlike aftermarket.

eg. disk brake quiet

http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/onl...pid=1061#Cross

File around the edges of the brake pads

Quote Originally Posted by camspeld View Post
    Hi guys, i just recently got my brake pads replaced but after driving it for a while 1000km+ the screech has gotten worse and comes from the front of the car.

My mechanic had already machined both of the front rotors and replaced my brake pads with Bendix pads. I took the car back and he machined the front rotors again. After driving for another 1000km+ it's starting to screech pretty badly again.

I drive a 06 Accord Euro, does anyone know what could be the cause of this problem, and how i could possibly fix it?

Thanks.
    OP, which Bendix pads did he put on? Was it General CT? HD? Ultimate? R&T?

Was the braking bedded in right? [I know some pads claim you don't need to bed in but this usually results in the issues you're having]
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 06
    Most probably the general CT Pad, there are also hot spots on the front rotors.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    93 Civic Si EG
    Another thing your could check is if they are missing the spring the holds the brake pads in place as it is designed to reduce noise and vibrations.

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadAngel View Post
    OP, which Bendix pads did he put on? Was it General CT? HD? Ultimate? R&T?

Was the braking bedded in right? [I know some pads claim you don't need to bed in but this usually results in the issues you're having]

All current Bendix dont require break in.

I did it anyway cos I didnt read box till clean up and thats how I was taught to change pads. No issues for me yet.

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    usually its a bedding problem. Try bedding them in now, it might solve your issue.
    This applies to pads that say they don't need bedding in also.
    P.S Bendix are just average brake pad, nothing extremely special about them
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic '96 Gli
    How much are discs for your car? Several of the mechanics I know don't machine discs, they just replace them (unless they're prohibitively expensive). On most cars, a standard quality pair of blank rotors won't set you back too much.

And if you appropriately apply brake assembly grease with new rotors and pads, you *should* be fine.