DC2 exhaust/muffler help!!

Hi guys just recently got a dc2 vti-r and it came with this exhaust system thats way too loud... Start the car and it vibrates the car with this deep tone. Its pretty hard to listen to music and everytime I change gears it goes even louder. Had a look and it has "3A Racing" on the muffler? (sorry I don't know my car parts I'll just call it a muffler correct me if im wrong). Did some research and I think its called a cannon muffler? It looks exactly like this

http://www.3aracing.com.au/HTML%20Fo...A-63-0518.html

Heres a pic of it

I want to make it quieter or have something thats decent, maybe not too loud for normal everyday driving but when I want to hit the revs it makes a good sound. Anything will be better than what I have atm wouldn't mind going stock either. At the moment its just way too loud and attracts unwanted attention. How much am I looking at, kind of looking for a cheap fix as I don't have heaps of money to spend. Do I have to replace the whole exhaust system, or can I just change the muffler or something?

Thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    go to any exhaust shop and you can ask them to put on anothe muffler for you.
    if you want a quiet muffler that sounds good, you are going to have to spend big bucks on a good muffler eg 300-400 mark.
    or you can get a standard one welded up.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R>AH>EK>DC2
    Someone let me know if this is right but depending on what sorta set up you've got in theory you could add another resonator to the exhaust to quieten it down?

It's not the best for performance but it should quieten it down
    SPAMMAPS
    Carburettor|Nation

that mikey G guy is the biggest shit talker ive ever met..
    in the space of 15minutes he sold two sets of wheels. claims a guy under the username DNT-CRY bought them!

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    could, but sometimes it just doesn't do enough
    it's quite minimal sometimes.
    esp if it's a cheap one too.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R>AH>EK>DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by destrukshn View Post
    could, but sometimes it just doesn't do enough.
    wise point presented thank you.
    SPAMMAPS
    Carburettor|Nation

that mikey G guy is the biggest shit talker ive ever met..
    in the space of 15minutes he sold two sets of wheels. claims a guy under the username DNT-CRY bought them!

Quote Originally Posted by destrukshn View Post
    go to any exhaust shop and you can ask them to put on anothe muffler for you.
    if you want a quiet muffler that sounds good, you are going to have to spend big bucks on a good muffler eg 300-400 mark.
    or you can get a standard one welded up.
    Okay yeah i'll do that thanks!

Member Array
    Car:
    Rolla Sportivo
    Have you ever considered a twin loop muffler?
    Lived the Prelude Life 13/11/13 - 15/09/15
    My 1998 B-84P Prelude VTi-R
    Now living Getz with Lift life - 05 Corolla Sportivo - Standard Sportivo Mod Shiz

I've got a stock Type R muffler on mine and haven't looked back. Quiet but sounds pretty good once you step on it.

Otherwise if you want something a bit louder, as mentioned, get a XForce Twin Loop muffler and weld that on. Any exhaust place can get that done for you.

Good luck..

3a racing is rare JDM muffler
    WP PB 1:15:03