Power Steering Concern (CL9)

ok so im going to describe whats going on to the best of my ability....

when i turn the steering wheel, typically during crawling speeds (but now during higher speeds too) the compressor or something sounds like its choking and dying out. It's like a really weird whining sound, hard to describe

anyways the noise is coming from the power steering cog thats spun by the engine belt

any ideas to what the problem is exactly? will it progress to something worse? and what am i looking at to fix (price etc)?

cheers

Does your steering go heavy during this moment?
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

to be honest with you, i havent really noticed, ill pay closer inspection to it tomorrow when i turn the wheel

it only used to happen on full lock, but tonight it started doing it whenever i was turning the wheel.... some d**khead parked up my backside and i got boxed in, so i had to do a million manouvers to get out of a spot. i reckon that set it off cause of the multiple lock to lock turns

Air could possibly be getting into you steering pump.

The next time you start your car turn the wheel left to right a fair few times, then check your steering pump reservoir if its bubbly/foaming up air is getting in.

I had the same issue it was extremely prevalent when it was cold as the seals had not expanded.

I resolved the issue by replacing the O ring find in this hose http://i.imgur.com/uJLfwg8.jpg

The part number is 91345-PAA-A01 http://www.hondapartsnow.com/genuine...5-PAA-A01.html its about $1.50 from your dealership, alternatively you can buy an assortment of O rings from bunnings which is what I did, I fitted a slightly thicker O ring to get a better seal.

Also check here about recall issues regard the steering pump - http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...please-read%29

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    sounds like pump cavitation

is it like a groaning/whining sound?
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Quote Originally Posted by curtis265 View Post
    sounds like pump cavitation

is it like a groaning/whining sound?
    You described it perfectly lol

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    definitely cavitation - air in the system

it usually comes out but if it doesn't then it's on it's way out.

my lude did it a lot cos the fcuking idiot of a mechanic put the wrong fluid in
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC