Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    98 ek b18cr

B18c7 white smoke under full throttle

To begin with I'm running the b18c7 from a 2000 ITR in my ek.
    I have been meaning to do a build thread, however a combination of uni and work has made time short.

Recently I've started to notice smoke from the exhaust, what looks to be white through the review. It's been happening predominately under cold whether, cold starts, and only at the top end of where vtec is. Between 6~9k, both with vtec but especially when oil is still cold and vtec not engaging. It appears to be a continues plume until I shift, and then it stops only to happen when I hit the top end again.
    I only just saw it once I had changed in a new cold air intake that is plumbed down near the bumper, the IAT is not plumbed into the intake. Could this be causing it to run lean? (Reading hot temp but instead getting cold air).
    I've also been told that it may be the PCV valve. Is this a real possibility??

Any and all help will be grand.

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    Between 6~9k, both with vtec but especially when oil is still cold and vtec not engaging
    Are you revving to 9k cold? Shiieettt
    part time potato

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    Lmao idiot.
    Last edited by renzokukenj; Today at 12:34 AM. Reason: hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4K24
    Omg Dylan...

If you're revving the **** off it cold, that's a stupid thing to do...

Chances are oil is getting passed the rings or the valve stem seals.

Could be condensation inside the intake pipe which could cause the white smoke

Black smoke - fuel
    White smoke - lean or water
    Blue smoke - oil

There is a fine line between blue and white

The white smoke really shouldn't have a smell of its water
    If its lean it dissipates fast and burns hot so your nostrils will sting a bit
    Oil stinks
    And we'll fuel smells like fuel
    Vince

Member Array
    Car:
    no weetek civic
    Well how else does the motor get warm?

Fastest way to warm up your rings it's to be on limiter once you've cold started
    SSpamily

hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    great info hear guise.

hehe
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Silly things aside

My last b18c7 blew a little white smoke occasionally on full throttle - next owner informed me it was a hairline crack in the head somewhere letting excess oil or coolant thru

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    lol vtecing while the motor is cold, then complains about engine breaking down.

I wonder wats wrong here op.

If you want to do your PCV Vavle there are heaps of DIY's on here and HT. Really easy to do and cheap. Chances are you still have the original PCV that the engine come with 20 million years ago. But somewhat rare issue for them to wreck. Just clean it and put it back to see if it makes a difference. You will be able to tell, from memory it was the sound the valve makes which will give it away.

Im in for a headgasket issue. Revving to 9k on cold just lol. Why don't you just giveaway 4k to Amants Foundation Charity.

White smoke doesn't always mean water my friends integra vtir blows a lot of white smoke under heavy acceleration, his car burns a lot of oil and stinks like oil.

Member Array
    Car:
    98 ek b18cr
    Yeah, I've heard they tend to burn oil. But I am getting strong smells of fuel when I stop, that's why I was wondering if it could be running lean...
    Only reason I brought up PCV is because that's something one of the shops told me it could be, chances are it will still be the original as you said.
    And I'm not full throttle off cold, it's gone past it's warm idle and about 1/4 warm. But I'm also not going all the way to 9k on it cold either, only to about 7.
    Although even once warm it is still blowing white smoke under full.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyln.bxtr View Post
    Yeah, I've heard they tend to burn oil. But I am getting strong smells of fuel when I stop, that's why I was wondering if it could be running lean...
    Only reason I brought up PCV is because that's something one of the shops told me it could be, chances are it will still be the original as you said.
    And I'm not full throttle off cold, it's gone past it's warm idle and about 1/4 warm. But I'm also not going all the way to 9k on it cold either, only to about 7.
    Although even once warm it is still blowing white smoke under full.
    WHAT

Remind me to never buyyour car if you ever sell up
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    98 ek b18cr
    Yeah, I'm not planning to sell at anytime in the future. So you're fine.