Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyln.bxtr View Post
    Yeah, I've heard they tend to burn oil. But I am getting strong smells of fuel when I stop, that's why I was wondering if it could be running lean...
    Only reason I brought up PCV is because that's something one of the shops told me it could be, chances are it will still be the original as you said.
    And I'm not full throttle off cold, it's gone past it's warm idle and about 1/4 warm. But I'm also not going all the way to 9k on it cold either, only to about 7.
    Although even once warm it is still blowing white smoke under full.
    What do you mean '1/4' warm
    If you referring to your temperature gauge
    That is for coolant not oil /lol
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Member Array
    Car:
    98 ek b18cr
    Oh.... That's right. Shit!
    Could fuel be related to the smoke?? Because it has a strong smell when ever I stop.

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Oh.... That's right. Shit!
    Could fuel be related to the smoke?? Because it has a strong smell when ever I stop.
    Hard to say with your description. I would take it to the mechs for a proper assessment.

I always let engine warm up 1min to 1:30secs on very cold mornings. For the 1st 10 minutes drive normally shifting 2.5k - 3k. You also want the gear box oil to warm up.

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    So the OP
    Redlines into 2nd on cold start
    Nek minit g'box rebuild thread on ozhonda
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Member Array
    Car:
    98 ek b18cr
    Wait, the coolant and oil will usually hear up at roughly the same rate, due to the heat exchange occurring...
    I've taken it to a mechanic and they said they found nothing wrong, took it to a second they said they couldn't even get smoke....
    And at not point did I say I redlined it. My redline is at 8,700. Not even close to the 6/7 that I stated.
    So far only a few have had anything constructive to say. The rest are just dicks.
    I was always told if you ha nothing good to say, don't say anything at all. It's common courtesy.
    I'll let it warm up on the way to uni (30 min drive) and see how it is after that.
    Otherwise it's a pretty surprising and resilient engine, the previous owner claims he also had white smoke... So. Dunno.

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    so moral of the story is

hehe
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Wait, the coolant and oil will usually hear up at roughly the same rate, due to the heat exchange occurring...
    I've taken it to a mechanic and they said they found nothing wrong, took it to a second they said they couldn't even get smoke....
    And at not point did I say I redlined it. My redline is at 8,700. Not even close to the 6/7 that I stated.
    So far only a few have had anything constructive to say. The rest are just dicks.
    I was always told if you ha nothing good to say, don't say anything at all. It's common courtesy.
    I'll let it warm up on the way to uni (30 min drive) and see how it is after that.
    Otherwise it's a pretty surprising and resilient engine, the previous owner claims he also had white smoke... So. Dunno.
    Take her to someone who knows Honda's if your worried.

Member Array
    Car:
    98 ek b18cr
    I'm not overly worried about it, nor can I afford to have someone look at it.
    I'll be testing the PCV valve and look at plumbing this intake sensor in.
    Thanks for the help so far.

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Wat

I didn't see any dick comments in hear

Most asking why you rev so high when cold
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Member Array
    Car:
    98 ek b18cr
    Because our cold in Brisbane is still 20C.
    And they weren't comments that were constructive in any manner. They were unwanted and came across as rude looking to pick a fight.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Generally the air/fuel mixture is quite rich under acceleration when the engine is cold. That would explain the fuel smell if you're pushing to 6-7k while cold. Also until the engine and exhaust is up to normal temp, it's normal to have white steam out the exhaust. Just caused by condensation.

But the real issue here is that it sounds like you're being way too hard on the engine while it's cold. Seriously, 6-7k is way too high on a cold engine and gearbox. You should really try to keep it below 3.5-4k until it's at full running temp.
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Because our cold in Brisbane is still 20C.
    And they weren't comments that were constructive in any manner. They were unwanted and came across as rude looking to pick a fight.
    See the comment below in bold

Quote Originally Posted by Super-DA9 View Post
    Generally the air/fuel mixture is quite rich under acceleration when the engine is cold. That would explain the fuel smell if you're pushing to 6-7k while cold. Also until the engine and exhaust is up to normal temp, it's normal to have white steam out the exhaust. Just caused by condensation.

But the real issue here is that it sounds like you're being way too hard on the engine while it's cold. Seriously, 6-7k is way too high on a cold engine and gearbox. You should really try to keep it below 3.5-4k until it's at full running temp.
    Hehe
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut