Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz Vti-s

honda jazz gd3 bc coilovers adjusting the rears

Does anyone know how to adjust the rears properly. Apparently you have to adjust the shock n the spring together. Is their a certain ratio to follow? Anyone have their current setup specs or measurements?? Would really appreciate it thanks

What are you adjusting for?
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz Vti-s
    Comfort it's a really harsh ride in the rear

Which BC's do you have and how low is your car?
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz Vti-s
    bc v1 and its about 10cm off ground

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz Vti-s
    Can anyone help? My car is super bouncy now after fiddling around with adjustments.... Should I adjust the spring perch or the shock n up or down? Thanks.

Member Array
    Car:
    Go Kart
    If you adjust the rear spring height you need to adjust the shock length as well. This is because when you lower the rear springs, it reduces the length/travel of the shock.

The BC shock has adjustable length to make sure you have sufficient travel and it doesnt bottom out.

The manual says the shock adjuster is to have the same amount of gap as the spring perch.
    Last edited by flipfire; 17-12-2014 at 11:00 AM.
    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Y U DO DIS

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz Vti-s
    Could you possibly tell me what I need to do to fix by current setup? Here's my current setup. If you could I'd really appreciate it. The manual is worded weird And it's hard to understand hahaha. Thanks.

Member Array
    Car:
    Go Kart
    The shock body needs to have the same gap as the spring perch (see red lines in the photo)

Basically you need to make the shock shorter. Right now doesnt have as much travel as it should.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2w7k7f5.jpg 
Views:	686 
Size:	103.0 KB 
ID:	27660  
    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Y U DO DIS

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz Vti-s
    Okok could I also just adjust the spring perch so There's more gap to make it the same as the shock body? The shock is hard to twist ==. Thanks for ur help too man really appreciate it

Member Array
    Car:
    Go Kart
    You can adjust the spring perch but that would change your ride height.

The shock is hard to twist ==. Thanks for ur help too man really appreciate it
    You need to loosen the locking nut first. You need one spanner to hold the shock body (red) and another to loosen the locking nut (black).

Once the locking nut is loose then you can rotate the shock body up and down using the first spanner.
    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Y U DO DIS

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz Vti-s
    Thanks so much! Ill give it another go tomorrow. BTW does just adjusting it a little make a big difference? Ill Probably adjust the spring perch gap to be wider to match my current shock gap. Because I actually lowered the rear a bit when I tried it a couple of days ago n rear is lower than front right now. So adjusting the spring gap Should raise the height And fix my current bouncy problem. Thanks for the help: )