Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Radiator Leak

Radiator Leak

My radiator in my '96 DC4 has started to leak. After a while of searching for the source of the leak, it looks to be 3 tiny holes next to each other (The holes are about 1mm in diameter, and located within 3 centimeters of each other) which are spurting out thin amounts of coolant, and eventually running the radiator dry.

Anyway the leak is located right at the bottom of the radiator on the plastic part. Is there anyway I can seal this leak permanently? For now I'm using duct tape which was good for about a week, but eventually the pressure tore off the tape.

My radiator looks similar to this and the holes are right at the bottom were the plastic is.

Member Array
    Car:
    Corolla Spec S
    http://www.wikihow.com/Seal-a-Leaking-Radiator
    as a temporary fix

but you should replace radiator

or replace engine once it grenades itself cause it overheated

either way recommend to replace radiator
    peteju captures, like us on facebook..

****KKKKK isn't there some glue that will seal the leak? the leak is soo small it just doesnt seem worth it to replace the whole radiator.

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 DC2R
    Try blue plumbing glue, get it from a hardware store. Used for pvc piping, mite do the trick, just smhere a layer to cover up the hole and a bit around it.
    3 guys walk into a bar. The first guy told the D to get a B series.The second guy told the B to get a K series. The last guy told the K to fk off just get a V8 mate.

Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    The cooling system is under pressure when hot, so sealing it up may or may not work

Im assuming the radiator is still the one original, its going to start becoming worse as the plastic degrades further

just fkn change the thing
    OEM parts whore

How much will installation cost, if I provide my own radiator

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R>AH>EK>DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyson View Post
    If you studied a couple of DIY thread/video's you'd be able to do it with ease.

OR

If you're in NSW pm Bennjamin.
    SPAMMAPS
    Carburettor|Nation

that mikey G guy is the biggest shit talker ive ever met..
    in the space of 15minutes he sold two sets of wheels. claims a guy under the username DNT-CRY bought them!

Yeah just seen a few videos I think ill go to the wreckers this week and pick out a new radiator and install it myself

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R>AH>EK>DC2
    Yeah just seen a few videos I think ill go to the wreckers this week and pick out a new radiator and install it myself
    In my opinion you're better off buying a brand new one, even if it's a random eBay one.
    SPAMMAPS
    Carburettor|Nation

that mikey G guy is the biggest shit talker ive ever met..
    in the space of 15minutes he sold two sets of wheels. claims a guy under the username DNT-CRY bought them!

Last edited by Flyson; 07-06-2014 at 03:53 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2 teg
    Install it yourself man.
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dV4iNwjLav4

Just remember to bleed you coolant after filling the new radiator with coolant.

Member Array
    Car:
    F20C Clubman Build
    flyson,

Get a new one. Don't bother with any leak sealant etc. They won't hold and if they do it won't hold for long before it pops. Last think you want is it to burst while you're out somewhere far and left stranded.
    Then you'll need to buy a new radiator, pay for towing, the hassle and if your lucky you won't need to rebuild your motor.

Get an all aluminium one. They will last forever.
    Install it yourself. It's easy. When refilling have the front of the car tilted up so the air bubbles can escape through the cap. Also have your heater on to let the coolant flow through there also.