Hi everyone,

I am a proud new owner of an 05 euro luxury my06 manual currently sitting on 97,00 k's. I am getting the 100k service done soon and looking to do a few mods at the same time so just had a few questions.

- I have read that the euro uses a timing chain not a belt and it does not need to be replaced at the 100k service. is this true?

-I have also read about people experiencing loud noise in the cabin due to the tyres. I am experiencing the same problem and wanted to know if anyone knows of a recommended tyre to use to help with this.

-When accelerating it feels like the car is not accelerating smoothly and has like a backfiring or cutting out sort of feeling. is this the spark plugs or could it be anything else?

-With the mods I want to keep it simple and at all costs do not want to put on any mods which can potentially damage the engine or lead to any problems with the car in the futue. So i was thinking of just putting on a pod filter and cold air intake. I wanted to know the advantages and disadvantages of doing this and if it can potentially damage the engine in any way. A mate of mine was also telling me something about the air flow sensor needing to be changed with the pod filter? how does this work? do i have to buy the parts seperate? and does anyone know a good place in sydney i can get these parts cheap.

does anyone also know of any other mods that can be done and the prices involved in doing so and also if doing these mods will cause any problems with the car.

I am also dying to put on a rear windscreen wiper if possible. Has anyone done this? is it possible and what costs are involved?

Thanks a lot guys.