Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2013 Accord~US

2013 Accord Modulo Pack question

I could have asked this question when we picked it up last week, but then may not have received a proper answer, as sales people are not always fully tech-savvy.
    Does anyone know if the Modulo Pack on the 2013YM Accord (not Euro), has had any suspension tweaking done? Or is it all for looks?
    Corners better than I thought it might, and feels just a little 'sharp' on bumpy stuff, not that that bothers me. Or would the 'unenhanced' VTi feel the same?
    BTW, the 2.4 DI engine feels just great.
    Also, I intend to start using 95 or 98 RON, once this tank gets a bit empty. I don't even put E10 in our '98 SECA; and I presume there is no technical reason not to in the Accord.

Member Array
    Car:
    FD Civic Modulo
    The pack is just for looks. No suspension tweaking at all.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2013 Accord~US
    Thanks for confirming the (probably) obvious.

Member Array
    Car:
    FD Civic Modulo
    Quote Originally Posted by frailer5 View Post
    Thanks for confirming the (probably) obvious.
    If yours is the VTI with the 16" wheels and they put on those 17" Modulo wheels, that would improve performance in cornering in some way, but not by much.

Member Array
    Car:
    accord
    Looks sharp! There are Modulo 'sports suspension' kits in japan for some accord models but they never bring them to aus.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2013 Accord~US
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Looks sharp! There are Modulo 'sports suspension' kits in japan for some accord models but they never bring them to aus.
    Interesting. I doubt I'd head on that direction; just wondering what was in the Modulo Pack...

If yours is the VTI with the 16" wheels and they put on those 17" Modulo wheels, that would improve performance in cornering in some way, but not by much.
    I reckon the 17"s do make a little difference.

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Gratz on the buy
    Looks a bit like a beamer and an IS lexus' offspring
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2013 Accord~US
    Yes, they all seem to be morphing towards each other, don't they...

What's the general consensus on 95/98 RON fuel. Won't actively harm things by using, rather than E10?
    Last edited by frailer5; 18-03-2014 at 07:24 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 TC'd RB1
    Nice looking Accord mate. I'd suggest trying a few rounds of each fuel grade.

Usually the higher Octane rating, the better in terms of consumption, power, etc. But what I found it is not always the case and it seems to depends on the factory ecu tune. Some cars feel 'better' with lower grade fuel. As long as you don't go below the recommended Ron rating it should be fine.

I had a Jazz which recommended 91 ron and it felt slower and unresponsive with 98 ron. Same with my wife's Dualis, it seems to perform better with 91 and 95 vs 98
    Old man that drives slow cars

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2013 Accord~US
    Thanks. Sticking with 95 for the time being. Great motor

Quote Originally Posted by frailer5 View Post
    Thanks. Sticking with 95 for the time being. Great motor
    my understanding is the motor you think you have is actually only available in the states.

the oz accords are assembled in thailand with basically the same motor as the 2012 accords.

going above minimum octane never crossed my mind in a 4cylinder
    Using Tapatalk

Member Array
    Car:
    FD Civic Modulo
    The new Accord we have here has the all new "Earth Dreams" motor as well. The previous Accord had the K24 thing at 133KW vs. new Earth dreams motor at 129KW, though you got a bit extra torque. Lose a bit, gain a bit.