Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    For the OBD1 (prefacelift) models, the high pressure ABS unit has a tendency to leak fluid and fail, there's also the distributor O-ring leak which is quite common.

Looking inside the engines, the valve seals and guides on the exhaust side tend to wear a lot with age particularly on VTEC B series engines, causing oil burn and blue smoke at high RPM.

Other than that and the previously mentioned issues I find these cars are holding up rather well with age. Certainly a lot better than S13 Silvias and some other sports cars of the early 90's.
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Integra DC2 passenger side waterleaks, cracked sielastic, rust holes top of windsceen

Looked everwhere finally found the water leak into the passenger footwell or if camber is drivers side down the drivers side, looked like water drops coming from bottom of A pillar or from fresh air intake through heater fan, BUT no it was,

Rust holes between the roof and the top of the front window, under the cracked sielastic, hidden by the chrome cover molds. Just on LHS of centre, due to road camber holding water, (opposite side for LHD due to opposite camber)

I attach the cheap repair, including photo of rust and rust holes with cover mold and cracked si elastic removed and post repair.

The car is great now it doesent leak! Very satisfactory, easy job, remember to mask the paint and windscreen for a neat easy job.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by Super-DA9 View Post
    For the OBD1 (prefacelift) models, the high pressure ABS unit has a tendency to leak fluid and fail, there's also the distributor O-ring leak which is quite common.

Looking inside the engines, the valve seals and guides on the exhaust side tend to wear a lot with age particularly on VTEC B series engines, causing oil burn and blue smoke at high RPM.

Other than that and the previously mentioned issues I find these cars are holding up rather well with age. Certainly a lot better than S13 Silvias and some other sports cars of the early 90's.
    cause people look after the honda.... how much trouble did we have looking for a not crashed s13...
    Mate my bbk cost more than your Honda.
    -Amant02

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveho1 View Post
    cause people look after the honda.... how much trouble did we have looking for a not crashed s13...
    Yeah lol, I'm pretty sure I posted that not long after we checked out that 180sx lol
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Nothing like paying for drifted shagged pigs... With big hit ups lolz

But back then build quality of Nissan v Honda... Not much to debate about really...
    Last edited by DreadAngel; 27-09-2014 at 12:07 PM.
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2
    Only real issue I have come across is the windows rattling and going up slowly.

What can be done to fix this issue?

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Quote Originally Posted by --drew-- View Post
    Only real issue I have come across is the windows rattling and going up slowly.

What can be done to fix this issue?
    This is common problem. Punch it into google, there are many bandaid fix's.

Or to really fix it completely, replace actuator and/or the seal it slides on.

I just used to run some used motor oil on the seals using your finger or flat head for about 1 year before I sold the car.

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2
    Quote Originally Posted by amant02 View Post
    This is common problem. Punch it into google, there are many bandaid fix's.

Or to really fix it completely, replace actuator and/or the seal it slides on.

I just used to run some used motor oil on the seals using your finger or flat head for about 1 year before I sold the car.
    Thanks for the advice. Will have a look into using old oil for the seals.

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Well I shouldn't have told you to use oil, that could wreck the seals.

Use silicone gel.

Im just a jew.