Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    05 DC5S

JDM DC2R K-Swap Project Car

Hey guys!

So recently I've purchased a 98' JDM DC2R Rolling Shell as a project car! With it, I plan to chuck in a K24!
    This is definitely going to be a long build as I'm pretty much starting from complete scratch as the shell was pretty damn bare. Will be working on it every now and then on the weekend and hopefully get it "complete" by the end of the year or early next year the very latest. At this this it's just a project car with no real intentions but for fun (will probably end up as a dedicated track car by the time I'm done with it).

It's been pretty crazy reading all the information that's out there regarding the k-swap. Bit confusing really with some conflicting information so hopefully I'll get to clear it up with the help of you guys on the forum! As it stands right now, feeling pretty overwhelmed with the amount of work that needs to be done and figuring out what every bits and pieces I'll need to get it working right the way I want it without blowing the budget. Will hopefully be keeping the engine stock as a rock could be.

I'll post some pics up tonight of the shell!
    Last edited by eLtrix; 30-05-2014 at 12:51 PM.
    Into Gundam and Anime?! Check out my business at www.facebook.com/officialgundamuniverse

www.gundamuniverse.com.au

Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    LOL

end of year?

good luck man, srs

in4pix
    SSpamily

Member Array
    Car:
    05 DC5S
    Haha yeah! 6 months should be enough time *fingers crossed* have a few mates helping out too so its not so much a one man army!
    Into Gundam and Anime?! Check out my business at www.facebook.com/officialgundamuniverse

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    god damn so much ballin in here
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    05 DC5S
    Quote Originally Posted by mocchi View Post
    god damn so much ballin in here
    fkn shank yah m8. hurry up and help m8

Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    Quote Originally Posted by eLtrix View Post
    As it stands right now, feeling pretty overwhelmed with the amount of work that needs to be done and figuring out what every bits and pieces I'll need to get it working right the way I want it without blowing the budget.
    What's your budget?
    SSpamily

Member Array
    Car:
    05 DC5S
    Can't say I have a number in mind. Will be sticking to OEM stuff for the most part, so nothing hectic.

Got some parts from my build u might want.
    Import Performance and Styling
    -= Official distributors for Password JDM =-

Member Array
    Car:
    05 DC5S
    Would be keen fielding! Shoot me up.

Member Array
    Car:
    05 DC5S
    As for the build... Here are some pics up! When I got it, we put it up on stands and gave it a good clean and began to remove the shocks, lcas and brakes. While underneath we found that the hard lines for the rear brakes were bent so we have to replace those too now!

I put in a spare OEM Type-R front strut I found lying around to make it... RACE CAR!!

Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    more!!!!
    SSpamily

Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    Btw, I'm wrecking dc2.

Lemme know what you need.
    SSpamily