Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Starting problems...

Hi guys, today i locked my keys in the car while it was running (actuator problem). so i had to turn it off by taking two coil plugs out. everything has gone down hill since.

I had the nrma guy come and get the car unlocked, then another to try start the car.
    The fuel pump works, it cranks over but i don't get a spark. The guy couldn't get to the obd connector (too much wiring) and couldn't reset the ecu.

I asked what it could be and he said it could be the immobiliser or the ecu however if it was the immobiliser then the fuel pump wouldn't pump fuel.

In the end, he took the negative terminal off the battery and said wait it out and in the morning try and see if resets the ecu. if it doesn't then it needs to be taken into a shop and rewired.

Its an integra Type R 2000 model. any help would be much appreciated.

EDIT: its never had start up problems till now.
    Last edited by Stuart; 22-06-2014 at 09:13 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    sounds like your dizzy toast. pm willabong, hes got a spare dizzy for sale.
    or you can try buy separate coil for the dizzy and fix it yourself.

never pull out leads when car is running.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Hey mocchi, the nrma guy pulled the dizzy apart and inspected it. wasnt burnt out at all.

But about 30 mins ago as i was locking the car, while everything is locked the immobiliser that's installed to my right in the drivers side (aftermarket) flashes its little red led. It normally never does that. im starting to wonder if the immobiliser has any relation to the spark plugs.... maybe its just the immobiliser not letting it start. but will have to wait till tomorrow and find out. if it doesnt start tomorrow its just gonna have to go to the shop.

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    i think ur immob acting like that cos battery was disconnected?
    if you got multimeter, check it yourself and be sure. i had this problem twice so thats why im quite certain you fuked ur dizzy. mate did what you did then car doesnt start, i did comp test but forgot to unplug dizzy. both cases burnt the coil.

just tow it to shops if your lazy and pay whatever they charge you. easy. lol ballin
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    did you get zapped when you pulled out leads?
    SSpamily

Thanks mocchi I'll get it towed tomorrow and get it fixed up, thanks for your help
    And Cbauto no I didn't get zapped the motor just started running rough and then it stalled.

Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    I've been zapped.

lol

not nice/10
    SSpamily

lol just realised how easy it is to change a coil... gonna go to repco tomorrow see if they have a TIC008 ignition coil and get the car rollin again, thanks boys.

Thanks guys, just put the new coil in and it runs like a charm.

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    owe me two piece feed m8
    let me write that in my kfc diary
    S P A M | W O R K S

Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    Quote Originally Posted by mocchi View Post
    owe me two piece feed m8
    let me write that in my kfc diary
    lol, that's what i was about to say
    SSpamily