Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    98 ek b18cr
    Immobiliser will still allow pump prime and the car to turn over/ act like normal. It will only cut the injectors and spark. I had a big issue with immobiliser.
    However, how you'd go about fixing it I am not sure. It could have glitched out and confused when you pulled the plugs.
    To reset everything, your best option is to pull the positive cables from the battery, as some things have their own earthing and pulling wary cable may not always reset things.

Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyln.bxtr View Post
    Immobiliser will still allow pump prime and the car to turn over/ act like normal. It will only cut the injectors and spark. I had a big issue with immobiliser.
    However, how you'd go about fixing it I am not sure. It could have glitched out and confused when you pulled the plugs.
    To reset everything, your best option is to pull the positive cables from the battery, as some things have their own earthing and pulling wary cable may not always reset things.
    m7, do you even read the thread
    negged
    SSpamily

Member Array
    Car:
    98 ek b18cr
    But what mocchi is saying, also sounds like a pretty good chance too.

Member Array
    Car:
    98 ek b18cr
    I hadn't seen the comment saying he had replaced the cool... My bad.

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
    Hey mocchi, the nrma guy pulled the dizzy apart and inspected it. wasnt burnt out at all.

But about 30 mins ago as i was locking the car, while everything is locked the immobiliser that's installed to my right in the drivers side (aftermarket) flashes its little red led. It normally never does that. im starting to wonder if the immobiliser has any relation to the spark plugs.... maybe its just the immobiliser not letting it start. but will have to wait till tomorrow and find out. if it doesnt start tomorrow its just gonna have to go to the shop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
    lol just realised how easy it is to change a coil... gonna go to repco tomorrow see if they have a TIC008 ignition coil and get the car rollin again, thanks boys.
    as you now know,just by looking at the coil wont tell you if its stuffed or not

need to test with multimeter as per owners/workshop manual

nrma mechanic

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2/180sx
    woah asif you turned it off by pulling out the leads, should of just left it running till you got the car unlocked
    ive had this happen before in a s13 silvia, car left running door locked itself
    i called racv and they unlocked it
    Last edited by Johnie; 27-06-2014 at 11:55 PM.