RB3 Odyssey Questions

Hi All,

Can someone confirm if a 2009 Odyssey RB3 has a timing belt or chain?

Also looking for a workshop manual.

Cheers.

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    That engine uses a K24 like the Accord Euro
    And uses a timing chain
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Picked up a 2009 RB3 a few weeks ago, all good except it does seem to take a longish time to start up compared to previous cars. Probably takes a solid 2 seconds before it kicks over, is this normal?

Battery is holding charge OK, no other obvious symptoms.

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Do you put the car to POS II to let the car run its checks
    Or just start the car straight away?

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Tried both, same result

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Do the former
    And not the latter
    What's the Volts like on your battery?
    Does it have a good connection to body ground and a good connection to the starter motor?

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Approx 10V showing when cranking so I think the battery is OK. Having said that after 5 - 6 tests with the multimeter on a cold engine, it started to get worse and took 5 seconds to kick over. Let it run for a while and retested and got back to 2 seconds.

Can't find a build date on the battery, starting to think it might be the culprit.

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Need at least 12v with car off
    ON as about 14v

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Member Array
    Car:
    06 TC'd RB1
    Quote Originally Posted by SLUGGO View Post
    Approx 10V showing when cranking so I think the battery is OK. Having said that after 5 - 6 tests with the multimeter on a cold engine, it started to get worse and took 5 seconds to kick over. Let it run for a while and retested and got back to 2 seconds.

Can't find a build date on the battery, starting to think it might be the culprit.
    I suggest changing your battery. Crank should be about 14v. Mine is 13.9 at the moment for a 2 year old battery. If your RB3 still has the original battery from factory it is highly likely to be on its way out
    Old man that drives slow cars

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Rb3 odyssey
    I agree it's sounds like the battery, but just to clarify most vehicle won't retain 14v at crank.
    Those voltages sound like engine running so a charge rate not battery voltage