Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    '98 INTEGRA

Question DC2 Suspension Upgrade

Hey, looking to upgrade the suspension on my DC2. I currently have coilovers with adjustable dampening (don't know the brand), slightly lowered (don't know exact height) and stock camber.

I would like to get the full works brand new, but I'm not sure on brand and what sort of style. I'd like to upgrade to fully adjustable, slight camber and slightly lower.

All suggestions on any of the above parts are greatly appreciated

Thanks in advanced.

It would help to tell us what you're using your car for and your budget?

Otherwise we could recommend all sorts of craziness [$3k+]
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Member Array
    Car:
    '98 INTEGRA
    good point. i'm just using my DC2 on the street, not track, but i'd like performance. im not too concerned about cost but i dont wanna go ridiculous amounts let's say <$3k if that'll still get me decent stuff.

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Quote Originally Posted by CloseFX View Post
    good point. i'm just using my DC2 on the street, not track, but i'd like performance. im not too concerned about cost but i dont wanna go ridiculous amounts let's say <$3k if that'll still get me decent stuff.
    do you like stiff and bit bumpy or smooth ride?

need height adjust or set once and forget?

Member Array
    Car:
    '98 INTEGRA
    its pretty stiff now, it doesnt bother me. set once and forget would be ok and i guess cheaper but probably height adjust would be better but again open to either

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 nugget
    Slightly off topic but with the kms and age of the car, I'd recommend investing some of that money in new bushings as well.

Member Array
    Car:
    '98 INTEGRA
    22xxxx (cant remember exact off the top of my head) and its a '98 vtir

OP

is the suspension bottomed out ? Can it be adjusted any more?

If it can and is dual perch adjustable- id consider to simply upgrade rear or front and rear swaybars to increase handling potential.

But if all you want is more lows and more cambers then I can't help. Check your existing setup and see if it can get you where you want. Also speak to JDMYARD In regards to an adjustable camber kit front and or rear

Member Array
    Car:
    S2k + CBX250
    going to need more than coils to get camber.

if u go low tho you should see enough camber i think.

if u want more or less than you either go lower or higher or get camber arms all round.

would recommend rear camber arms and front extended ball joints plus new Trailing arm bushings (these wear out commonly).

but definately look at your bushings, doesnt matter what coils you have if your bushings have gone bad

Member Array
    Car:
    '98 INTEGRA
    the bushings probably explains the slight squeaking i get when going over speed bumps... i dont think the suspension is bottomed out. however, i dont want to keep my current set up cause i don't know what the previous owner did with it. rear camber arms and front extended ball joints? why choose that over camber arms all round? I'll check out my bushings on the weekend.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2k + CBX250
    camber arms all on front have been said to slip on the odd occasion.
    rear camber arms are screw in/out so they cant slip.

front extended ball joints are also just to replace ur old worn out ones.
    i think you can get offset ball joints for the front that will give u that camber. but its not controlled. just go low and determine if u really want more. for street the act of lowering it will give it about as much camber as you will need. unless u want a stanced look.

squeeking is commonly associated to trailing arm bushings or maybe Rear LCA bushes or squeeky shocks.

imo organise as many bushings as you can, then worry about coilovers, your coils might just come to life with the rectified rubber making your car more comfortable and more predictable/sporty

PS: rear camber arms will replace one Rubber bushing straight away so thats why i suggested rear