Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    '98 INTEGRA
    Big help. Thanks a lot Baby Face. So looks like rear camber arms, extended ball joints and new bushings are my next step. Thanks a lot guys

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Ben makes a good point. Sway bars and a subframe brace will make it a lot stiffer.

Some people spend heaps of money trying to get shit coilovers to handle better ie. Swaybars etc, its all a band aid fix masking the true problem.
    Buy good quality suspension like shockworks and check over/replace your bushes.
    Last edited by dove grey 64; 11-07-2014 at 08:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dove grey 64 View Post
    Some people spend heaps of money trying to get shit coilovers to handle better ie. Swaybars etc, its all a band aid fix masking the true problem.

You stated swaybars as a band aid fix - and then mentioned shockworks are a quality suspension ?

Im not a professional race car driver but i do know for a fact that upgraded front and rear swaybars are far more influential / effective on a road car than any type of coilover. There is debate whether hardcore coilover setups VS big swaybars are the way to go on true race cars though.

Shockworks are a brand made in Korea and resold / touched up in Australia , they are not high quality. Not poor just not built for longevity like most german or high end japanese brands

Quote Originally Posted by dove grey 64 View Post
    You're correct on crap coilovers [This can be budget or name brand ones] but Swaybars are NOT a band aid fix.

Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    You stated swaybars as a band aid fix - and then mentioned shockworks are a quality suspension ?

Im not a professional race car driver but i do know for a fact that upgraded front and rear swaybars are far more influential / effective on a road car than any type of coilover. There is debate whether hardcore coilover setups VS big swaybars are the way to go on true race cars though.

Shockworks are a brand made in Korea and resold / touched up in Australia , they are not high quality. Not poor just not built for longevity like most german or high end japanese brands
    Correct...

Shocks & Springs/Coilovers are one part of the handling equation. Swaybars/Anti-Roll Bars, Bushes, Tyres and Alignment/Geometry are the rest of the equation. Yes its possible to make your car 'tort' by using insanely stuff coilovers but the price you pay comes when your car is in adverse situations. We want the car to go fast but in a controlable and predictable manner. That's where the remainder of the equation helps us.

On the track, its the same thing, everything needs to be considered, any weak link will be exposed.
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Having done coilovers on both my cars but sway bars on only one of them I can comfortably say I will only be doing sway bars next time maybe will a bit of lowering. The sway bars at least give you that roll resistance you want but without the discomforts affiliated with coilovers like going over bumps etc.

Quote Originally Posted by dougie_504 View Post
    Having done coilovers on both my cars but sway bars on only one of them I can comfortably say I will only be doing sway bars next time maybe will a bit of lowering. The sway bars at least give you that roll resistance you want but without the discomforts affiliated with coilovers like going over bumps etc.
    This
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    so if you put only coilover on stock dc2 then put only upgraded sways,which one will be faster on touge/track?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    Shockworks are a brand made in Korea and resold / touched up in Australia
    That's it. They are Korean NeoTech coilovers re-branded as Shockworks.
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Shockworks dampers are tuned and manufactured with OEM quality standards and testing requirements

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    shockworks coilover are the best in market atm
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

As above have stated. Yes shockworks are made in korea, by neotech which is a oem supplier manufacturer.
    They are not touched up and resold with new stickers. Shockworks does all the drawings, tuning and valving here in Melbourne, builds the prototypes and then gets Korea to make them and send them back here.
    That means for us we can get oem quality suspension at a reasonable price, to get the equivalent quality in another brand for example ohlins you would be paying over 6k.
    You guys talk about the discomfort of stiff coilovers, you haven't driven on proper coilovers. I fitted shockworks to my wifes forester gt, which she uses to drive my 2 kids under 4yrs old around.
    A properly tuned suspension with adequate valving and spring setup negates the need for aftermarket sway bars for fast road use. By all means wtac and wrc cars may need bigger sway bars but your fast road setup does not. Most drift guys remove their sway bars when using shockworks.

I dont work for shockworks, I just have 3 cars with their setups and recommend their setups when people are asking for advice because im really happy and impressed with what they offer and after sales support is top notch aswell.