Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    You stated swaybars as a band aid fix - and then mentioned shockworks are a quality suspension ?

Im not a professional race car driver but i do know for a fact that upgraded front and rear swaybars are far more influential / effective on a road car than any type of coilover. There is debate whether hardcore coilover setups VS big swaybars are the way to go on true race cars though.

Shockworks are a brand made in Korea and resold / touched up in Australia , they are not high quality. Not poor just not built for longevity like most german or high end japanese brands
    Im not here to start beef but you said in a nutshell not built to last, there is a r34 that has shockworks in it for the last 4 years, daily driven up in the hills which is where their testing grounds are due to harsh road conditions, the coilovers have never been rebuilt.
    Ive had bilsteins, and friends of mine have had numerous greddy, hks and other japanese setups.
    Every one that has been for a drive in my cars ditches their setups and buys shockworks.

Again not trying to start beef, Bennjamin if you are in melb I would like to take you for a drive

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EF Civic Hatch
    Hey guys, just signed myself up last week, applying for sponsorship now actually so i'll be throwing up some threads soon. Managed to find myself an ED with 35,000 k's on the clock and a cheap d16y1 so i'll be throwing up a build thread soon. After driving my brothers 9.5k redline EK i realy fell in love with the hondas. The biggest part of tuning them is the massive leverage ratio on the dampers(probably the reason i've seen so many people running such high spring rates). Anyway, due to the response of our damper and the 20 years of experience we have tuning(From ford, holden, through to BMW, Mercedes & Land Rover) We've really been able to find a sweet spot, where we can get slow, controlled body roll, without making the ride too harsh at all. Keep in mind we don't make 'stiff' set ups, stiff cars con't allow enough roll onto the tyre and while they might make the car feel flat and predictable and make you feel like you're driving a 'race' car, they don't necessarily have higher corner speeds(have a look how much movement V8 supercars get while cornering, keep in mind they're also on slicks). So far i've tuned a DC2 VTir. The ED, the EK and S2000 and will be doing the later model civic and integra in the next month so i'll be sure to keep you all posted with how we do. Just to note for anyone interested we sold out of our last honda stock pretty quick so have more on the way which will be here in August. Cheers.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EF Civic Hatch
    Also until you actually see the internals of damper don't go just writing it off because it's not from Japan or Germany. We spent over a year looking for a manufacturer that met our quality standards(dad coming from an OEM background and part of the warranty team was very particular about certain aspects of the damper). Chrome shaft finish, seal quality, piston and guide quality. If anyone is in Melbourne and feels like coming up for a drive to check out the workshop and what we do you're mor ethan welcome. Happy to organise a Honda group day if i get enough interest as well, i'll be campaigning the ED a lot.

Member Array
    Car:
    Corolla Spec S
    welcome to ozhonda brett
    peteju captures, like us on facebook..

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    wow they must have tracking program

1st time mentioned and suddenly arrive

btw most of ozhonda like BC due to cheap and very low for stance,also not bad on track

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    Quote Originally Posted by EKVTIR-T View Post
    wow they must have tracking program

1st time mentioned and suddenly arrive

btw most of ozhonda like BC due to cheap and very low for stance,also not bad on track
    yeah bc br gold best in market atm
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Quote Originally Posted by dove grey 64 View Post
    As above have stated. Yes shockworks are made in korea, by neotech which is a oem supplier manufacturer.
    They are not touched up and resold with new stickers. Shockworks does all the drawings, tuning and valving here in Melbourne, builds the prototypes and then gets Korea to make them and send them back here.
    That means for us we can get oem quality suspension at a reasonable price, to get the equivalent quality in another brand for example ohlins you would be paying over 6k.
    You guys talk about the discomfort of stiff coilovers, you haven't driven on proper coilovers. I fitted shockworks to my wifes forester gt, which she uses to drive my 2 kids under 4yrs old around.
    A properly tuned suspension with adequate valving and spring setup negates the need for aftermarket sway bars for fast road use. By all means wtac and wrc cars may need bigger sway bars but your fast road setup does not. Most drift guys remove their sway bars when using shockworks.

I dont work for shockworks, I just have 3 cars with their setups and recommend their setups when people are asking for advice because im really happy and impressed with what they offer and after sales support is top notch aswell.

My Bilsteins are comfortable on the road IMO.

But if you want to go on a long drive all day out in the country you get tired of the bumps.

What people want most is roll resistance. Nothing wrong with starting with sway bars...

Member Array
    Car:
    Dc2r & EGK20a
    Thoughts on Swift springs on another brand coilovers? How does Shockworks coilover springs compare to Swift springs? Can we purchase shockworks coilover with Swift springs?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EF Civic Hatch
    We have an OEM grade spring manufacturer, they supply to GM, Hyundai, Kia and Mercedes. Consistent rates and no sag. We have been very happy with our supplier so feel no need to change. As far as bars go we tune all our kits on standard. In our experience we've found larger bars to increase lateral movements and road copying and can too easily change balance. I've actually been playing around with my S13 daily tuning with no bars at all and have had some fantastic results. Obviously as a cheap upgrade when you don't have $1800 and just want some roll control it may be a decent idea but we revert all our cars to standard once our shocks have been fitted.

Shockworks no issue with you joining up suddenly to defend your goods - can I just ask your replies be neutral and informative and not plugging your goods in any way or form.
    PS have you sent Wynode a PM in regards to becoming a trader ? If not please do

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EF Civic Hatch
    sorry ben,
    i actually signed up because i bought a clean ed hatch and asked around as to which forum to join and speak with other honda owners about hondas in general. while i do come from a suspension company i am also an automotive enthusiast.
    working in my trade and comparing lots of different suspension types i am going to share what i have learnt with other people to help their cars handle better, my father and i started our own company not to jump in on a market and make a quick dollar but to put out a quality product, we dont advertise in magazines, we live off word of mouth and our customers ,dove grey 64, for example share their experience with our product. what better then actually speaking to another enthusiast to get real world feedback on something.
    when people start giving misguided information about the quality of our product or where/who makes them we/I do my best to set things right quickly as to avoid confusion.
    not everybody can justify spending $1800-2k on a suspension setup, our dealers constantly tell us that our price is too low compared to other kits of similar value ie. ohlins and bilstein, but we arent about making massive margins, we honestly just want people to have better/safer setups.

i all honesty i was not plugging my goods and apologise if i gave you that impression.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Cute dog. And your grass is very green. Do you water your lawn or it just comes up that nice naturally?

Nice ED btw.