Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    10 years to find out about a recall....that's pretty poor. I wonder how they found out.

Member Array
    Car:
    crx
    Quote Originally Posted by s20061188 View Post
    Just back from Rosebery Honda dealer And confirm my postol address. They have confirmed my 2006 lux is within range of recall but still need time to confirm which one was affected ! Right now I would just drive my wrx . Maybe I shd wear a helmet when driving the euro for repair.
    Maybe set of safety glasses or be cool wear black sunglasses like the blues brothers at night
    If you see a good Technical post giving advice give some postive rep

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    10 years to find out about a recall....that's pretty poor. I wonder how they found out.
    By people having the juggular ripped open on a car accident when the airbag deploys
    There have been a few fatalities in the USA
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Member Array
    Car:
    '06 Euro Std 5A
    The whole situation stinks of a cover up by Takata.

Having said that, the nature of the problem is something that develops over time due to moisture ingress so it wouldn't be immediately obvious in lab testing.
    '06 Accord Euro Std
    Stock standard =|

Member Array
    Car:
    Magic Carpet
    Quote Originally Posted by TRaNz View Post
    faaaa, mines probably affected i rekcon. geez an 04 model to do recall after all this time.
    Anyone have an idea or heard how long this airbag replacement takes? Fred? you normally know the answers to this stuff. lol.
    Id hate to leave me car there for a day. have to explain to them what not to touch and ruin. hahaha
    It's not a replacement of the airbag itself, it's the inflator canister.
    Time will really depend on the model of car and how easy it is to access the inflator.
    At work I can do a corolla in 20 mins, which involves removing the whole dash.
    Contact your local dealer (if your VIN is within the range) and they should be able to give you a specific time allocation under their warranty procedures.

And if anybody has aftermarket ecu's, generally the battery will be disconnected because any form of voltage whilst dealing with the SRS system is touch and go. (Not sure if this affects the memory of the tune, just a heads up)

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by AusVTi-R View Post
    It's not a replacement of the airbag itself, it's the inflator canister.
    Time will really depend on the model of car and how easy it is to access the inflator.
    At work I can do a corolla in 20 mins, which involves removing the whole dash.
    Contact your local dealer (if your VIN is within the range) and they should be able to give you a specific time allocation under their warranty procedures.

And if anybody has aftermarket ecu's, generally the battery will be disconnected because any form of voltage whilst dealing with the SRS system is touch and go. (Not sure if this affects the memory of the tune, just a heads up)
    Yep, did a call today, and to my shock my VIN didnt come up in red with a RECALL next to it. =D
    But that being said i asked anyway just incase, the guy said it would only take 20-30 mins to do, so just like you mentioned. =)

Just checked the recall website and it includes all CL9s and early CU2s as well now...

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro Lux
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewRox22 View Post
    Are you sure? mine is 203738 and when i called my dealer with it, they claim that I am no affected (also 06 Euro Lux)

EDIT: just called Honda Aus head office and they have also confirmed that mine isn't yet recalled but they are awaiting Honda Japan for any more being affected

UPDATE: emailed yesterday night and got a reply from head office saying that my car is now included..... called my dealer and they have put my name on the list to be notified when parts arrive from backorder... They better not forget....

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 CRV Luxury
    Scary stuff. Both my CRVs are affected as well as my old CL9.

Admission from VW that the DSG gearbox can cause its cars to lose power suddenly: https://www.recalls.gov.au/content/i...itemId/1053555
    SPQR
    The first ever Whiteline RSB pattern for CL9 Euro.
    The world first ever after market RSB for RE4 CRV.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    04 Euro Lux
    Got mine done this week. Took about 3 hours. They did a 10 pt check too. But no wash

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '07 Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewRox22 View Post
    called my dealer and they have put my name on the list to be notified when parts arrive from backorder... They better not forget....
    The local Honda mob have ordered the bits for mine, they'll contact me when they arrive, apparently.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    The VIN on my 2008 CL9 is _________________

When I checked the letter 2008 YM Model From JHMCL9 6808C 200002 to JHMCL9 6908C 212612. Does that mean mine is not recalled?
    Last edited by ds4; 26-07-2015 at 07:35 PM.