Wink 17 or 18 inch wheels on DC5S?

Hi guys,

Torn between 17 inch or 18 inch rims on a MR DC5S. Suspension is stock, but I do have a set of TEIN S-Tech springs uninstalled with a 1.5F/1.7R drop. Only other addition is a Type R Spoiler. Car is a daily drive but I'm ok with a harsher ride.

Would love to hear from DC5/R/S owners about whether or not 18-inch wheels are too big for DC5S. The specific size and rim I'm chasing is Enkei GTC01 18x8 +40. If they're too big, then I'll stick with 17x8.

Would also like to hear about whether or not the larger and therefore heavier (all else kept equal) rim will have any negative effect on the steering rack in the long term.

Cheers!

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    It all really depends on the look you are going for. with 17s you can run meatier tread for a more 'track oriented' look. 18's are more than doable on a DC5 despite what many people think. And depending on how low, I think they'll probably suit best. You do however have the trade off of running much lower profile tyres and making the ride a bit harsher and louder. I'll try dig up some pictures of mine with both.