Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra VTI-R

Question Advice on springs/shocks for Dc2

I want to lower my dc2 vtir on some springs about 60 to 70mm lower. Should I buy new shocks as well? Or just buy the springs and leave the stock shocks?

That's a massive drop, stock shocks will die + compromise your control over the car...

Invest in new shocks though which ones can handle that drop I'm not entirely sure... Had Koni Yellow with KG/mm DR2 with some crazy drop that had my EG off the deck by some 50mm and it handled them fine o.O
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Quote Originally Posted by porreca96 View Post
    I want to lower my dc2 vtir on some springs about 60 to 70mm lower. Should I buy new shocks as well? Or just buy the springs and leave the stock shocks?

how much do you want to spend ?

IMO if you just want to dump it , grab some cheap coilovers such as BC racing or similar (sold by traders on this forum) and dump the car , they will achieve what you want and still be reasonably safe.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra VTI-R
    Want to spend less then $600. So should I just get some cheap coilovers instead ? Or $600 is not enough for coilovers

You can find coilovers for that much. Start searching , try bc racing , skunk2 etc

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Function & Form are close to your budget http://www.ebay.com/itm/Function-and...-/301057513390

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra VTI-R
    Alright im going to try find some adjustable coilovers. Thanks for the help guys!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra VTI-R
    I just want them for looks and daily driving not for track. So is function and form reliable?

Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    Quote Originally Posted by porreca96 View Post
    I just want them for looks and daily driving not for track. So is function and form reliable?
    Youre asking a bit much for your budget
    SSpamily

I probably wouldn't cheap on coilovers, considering it's the thing that holds your car up from hitting the ground :/

Quote Originally Posted by PJT View Post
    I probably wouldn't cheap on coilovers, considering it's the thing that holds your car up from hitting the ground :/
    Even the cheapest are still OK nowadays - they aren't good with longevity though ( internal valving etc)

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra VTI-R
    Quote Originally Posted by cbauto View Post
    Youre asking a bit much for your budget
    So should i just get a good set of springs and shocks for my budget? Or still not enough?