Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '09 Odyssey

5th Gen (2014) Odyssey VTI-L

When I first saw the new 5th Gen Odyssey VTI-L I wasn't all that impressed. But the more I look at it the more I like it. I'm thinking about trading my '09 Odyssey for one of these.

Yes the new version looks more "People Mover" now compared to what I currently drive, but I still think that it looks cool, I think,.... in a Storm-Trooper kind of way

My lease is up on my '09 Odyssey and I've got to get something. I'm leaning toward the new VTI-L Odyssey. So any thoughts on it here?

Looking forward to your comments. Cheers,

AP
    Last edited by Albert Park; 13-07-2014 at 11:03 AM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '09 Odyssey
    Ha, ha,... I thought that the new Odyssey would look a little too "People Moverish" (compared to the previous version) for the younger folk here, hence the lack of replies.

Not to worry. I still think that it looks cool, but I am an older guy. I'm going to take a closer look at one next month.

[IMG][/IMG]

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R>AH>EK>DC2
    I do but I really don't like it. Every time I look at it I see.

+

=

New odyssey.
    SPAMMAPS
    Carburettor|Nation

that mikey G guy is the biggest shit talker ive ever met..
    in the space of 15minutes he sold two sets of wheels. claims a guy under the username DNT-CRY bought them!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '09 Odyssey
    Hi SHOGUNOVDDRK you really need to visit Specsavers, http://www.specsavers.com.au/ because it looks like this
    Last edited by Albert Park; 13-07-2014 at 08:18 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 TC'd RB1
    Have you considered the Citroen C4 grand Picasso? I'm looking at it as a possible replacement for me aging 06 RB1. Haven't had a chance to test drive the C4 yet.

http://www.caradvice.com.au/284033/p...oyota-prius-v/

I test drove the RC1 a few months ago and it didn't really inspire me. Take my comments with a pinch of salt as I'm comparing the RC1 to my RB1 which is modified and tends to get driven faster than the usual Odysseys on the roads.

Styling from the front is ok, but from the side and back it looks too much like the early Tarago. Still like the RB1 and RB3 profile compared to this.

Tech wise I wasn't too impressed as the infotainment system isn't exactly ground breaking as aftermarket units can do most of what it does. Power Sliding door is useful for getting in and out, but I didn't find any issues with the RB series' normal swivel doors.

Safety features wise, the auto park irritated the hell out of me because of how long it took to park. I did find the blind spot warning useful. Brakes worked well during my test drive, but I'm not sure how it will handle after repeated hard stops. The RB 1 and 3's did tend to have brake fade after a few hard stops, so I'm assuming the same for the RC1

Power is ok, but that was with just 2 ppl in it. Not sure how it will perform with a full family load. Can hear the normal CVT whine when the engine is pushed

Ride is comfy for me but has quite a bit of body roll, might be a bit harsh for others as I'm using Tein coilovers at the moment. The captian seats were interesting and comfortable, but somehow they look a bit small in the car? The 3rd row is supposed to be able to fit 3, but if you put 2 booster seats in the 3rd row, the VTi-L becomes a 6 seater only.
    Old man that drives slow cars

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '09 Odyssey
    Hi evolution, actually I looked at the Citroen (online) today, but I'm still keen on the Honda. I've read the Review on Car Advice too.

Thanks for sharing your review on the new Odyssey, I really appreciate it. Yeah, what's with the Nav System being hooked up to an iPhone? (Honda-Link?), makes it all a bit messy with a phone cord doesn't it? I think that the wheels look too small for it too. Anyhow now I'm leaning more toward the CR-V VTI-L. Yes, different vehicle I know, but I consider my current Odyssey as a Station Wagon rather than a People Mover, so I don't really need the extra seats.

Thanks again for taking the time to respond. When I'm back home next month I'll get a good look at both the CR-V and the Odyssey and go from there.

Cheers :-)

Member Array
    Car:
    06 TC'd RB1
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Park View Post
    Hi evolution, actually I looked at the Citroen (online) today, but I'm still keen on the Honda. I've read the Review on Car Advice too.

Thanks for sharing your review on the new Odyssey, I really appreciate it. Yeah, what's with the Nav System being hooked up to an iPhone? (Honda-Link?), makes it all a bit messy with a phone cord doesn't it? I think that the wheels look too small for it too. Anyhow now I'm leaning more toward the CR-V VTI-L. Yes, different vehicle I know, but I consider my current Odyssey as a Station Wagon rather than a People Mover, so I don't really need the extra seats.

Thanks again for taking the time to respond. When I'm back home next month I'll get a good look at both the CR-V and the Odyssey and go from there.

Cheers :-)
    If you are going down the 4wd route, try having a look at the Santa Fe, it isn't that much more than CRV and I think the styling is a bit better.

Weird hey that I'm suggesting other brands even though most or my cars are/were Hondas. It's got to do with Honda dropping their ball and letting other brands over take it. I still love my Honda's but with what the other brands are offering, it's hard to justify sticking to the Brand.
    Old man that drives slow cars

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by evolution View Post
    Weird hey that I'm suggesting other brands even though most or my cars are/were Hondas. It's got to do with Honda dropping their ball and letting other brands over take it. I still love my Honda's but with what the other brands are offering, it's hard to justify sticking to the Brand.
    I'd take the Citeron over the current odyssey.

Especially when it comes with a diesel engine.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '09 Odyssey
    G'Day evolution and Fredoops,

yes I've looked at the Sante Fe, but its hard to let go of the Honda brand. Gee I just love the reliability and the driveability of Honda. I'm on my 6th Honda (Integra, 2 door Civic, Civic Coupe, CR-V x 2, and Odyssey) and I'm about to purchase a 7th,... maybe. Yes I hear you about Honda "dropping the ball" lately, but I'm still in their corner. I can't help it.

I've seen reports and pics of a CR-V "refresh" due for Oct / Nov this year. Apparently it will be showcased at the Paris Motor Show on 4th Oct. I could be tempted by that.

I think that we're looking at a higher seating position, so the CR-V is prominent on our radar. The Citroen looks really great, but....

I have had absolutely NO dramas with ANY of my previous Hondas, so I'm inclined to go Honda once again.

Anyhow, I appreciate the comments guys. cheers, AP :-)

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    But the new odyssey has so much room!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum