Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Muffler trix

Quote Originally Posted by ecutthro View Post
    Give me like... a month, gotta pay rego soon
    Excellent! By that time I should be close to being able to buy one too - I have a sound system going in next week; my 4th Gen still has the original Honda cassette player in it!

Steve

Just did all mine actually, I have 2 original prelude radios and 2 CD changers in my room.
    I feel like a hoarder but never know when you'll need them

Prelude status

Just did all mine actually, I have 2 original prelude radios and 2 CD changers in my room. I feel like a hoarder but never know when you'll need them
    Yeah - I personally think it's wise. Look let's face it these cars are classics - but yet to receive that status officially IMO, so if you ever decide to sell the car down the track (and it's to a collector); you have the bits to make it more attractive. I mean I bought my 4G just this year from a real fusspot and it was in original and MINT condition with only 119,000 kms - that was the clincher for me!

Steve

First prelude I had was a BB6 in eucalyptus green pearl, pretty average condition, dirty pod filters and exhaust, 180km's
    My second one was beautiful, resprayed in Nordic Mist, original prelude blades in perfect condition, completely stock, 160km's
    Third one, rust everywhere, paint chips, modified headers, buckled rims, massive oil leaks in 2 places, window rubbers are messed up, diy aftermarket sound system that had the worst interference ever.

Because of the first two I know how to fix most problems that occur with preludes, and how good a prelude can actually get, it's going to cost a fair bit of money, but I plan to get things resprayed, just bought ITR wheels for it, going to rebuild it's status, most people hate hondas, and even most of the honda people hate preludes.

"Too slow"
    "too heavy"
    "They use FRM sleeves, why, gay, etc"

A prelude built and done right can be an amazing machine, my Nordic Mist one, kept up too a 2008 Subaru Impreza that was running stock boost, not may people can say their N/A car can do that, let alone believe a honda can do it.

TL;DR Preludes are the most under rated car honda has ever produced
    Last edited by ecutthro; 25-07-2014 at 11:33 PM.

"Too slow"

Gotta be joking - maybe they haven't driven one? I love mine - only had it a few months; but man it FLIES! I'm not surprised that it kept up with a Subaru. In any case it's not even about that they look so sexy and were years ahead of their time!

Steve

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    A stock bb6, bnib condition gets around the low 15sec on the quarter.. that's not exactly quick.

I loved my old lude but i would never in a million years call it a fast car unless you're comparing it to camrys and yaris's
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Being that as it is, a 90's car that is self proclaiming to be an introduction, hence the name prelude, it is pretty quick. Being that Honda didn't really plan for it to be a performance car either, more based as a luxury/comfort car. It did pretty well.
    I don't condone street racing, I know the dangers, but we've done stupid things, the stock turbo Subaru and a 2JZ n/a supra and the prelude has always come out on top.

Car comparo's

Quote Originally Posted by curtis265 View Post
    A stock bb6, bnib condition gets around the low 15sec on the quarter.. that's not exactly quick. I loved my old lude but i would never in a million years call it a fast car unless you're comparing it to camrys and yaris's
    Look - I guess I AM comparing Ludes to many of those Mum & Dad cars and all the other slab-sided lookalikes; maybe even Commodores etc; (though I have no idea of the S/S quarter mile comparo) - but give me a Prelude anyday in sporty good looks - and to just break outta the pack and be different.

There's only me in the car - wife has her own - so why not? Loved 'em when they were brand spanking new - still love 'em now; especially the sexy rear end of the 4G!

Steve
    Last edited by steve-gee; 26-07-2014 at 06:23 PM.
    Eternity - The Wrong Thing To Be Wrong About

Give me like... a month, gotta pay rego soon
    Hey ecutthro - didya ever go down this route?? I've got some rattles and looseness in my front and rear suspension to do - but rear muffler is still on the list.

Cheers

Steve
    Eternity - The Wrong Thing To Be Wrong About

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    Vibrant
    part time potato

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    What he said
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Member Array
    Car:
    S2k + CBX250
    my friends H22a BB6 kept up with my B16A EG.

FRM sleeves rent that bade, s2k has them