Tracking A Daily?

Hey guys,
    i've just bought my 3rd bb6 prelude and am thinking about tracking it, it's basically stock besides a diy chop and hack pod filter and some modified headers which make vtec sound like a bee hive having da sex with a commodore otherwise the exhaust system is stock and sounds stock... until vtec. (both done by the previous owner)
    I am planning on taking it to my mechanic before to get the okay from him, but he can check everything in the world and something can still go wrong, really want to just get some input if it's going to be okay to thrash my car around a track every now and then and any stories from people who have had things go wrong

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    should be fine as long as all fluids are correct level

good tyres and a set of higher temp brake pads will do as a start

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    Quote Originally Posted by EKVTIR-T View Post
    should be fine as long as all fluids are correct level

good tyres and a set of higher temp brake pads will do as a start
    good post clont +1

I've taken my daily on the track before. Brakes are the first thing you will notice that will let you down as soon as you get up andy kind of reasonable pace. after brakes, you'll quickly realise stock seats are not made for the track lol.

Go for it, it's great fun
    part time potato

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    Quote Originally Posted by Vvvtec View Post
    good post clont +1

I've taken my daily on the track before. Brakes are the first thing you will notice that will let you down as soon as you get up andy kind of reasonable pace. after brakes, you'll quickly realise stock seats are not made for the track lol.

Go for it, it's great fun
    whos andy m8
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Civic
    As above, when I first took mine, the temps also went a bit nuts, but some cool down laps help here (and help your brakes and general engine health) instead of straightaway going and spending money on a new rad and whatever else
    Wakefield Park PB: 1.15.6

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    just ease into it rather than go nuts straight away

you'll know your limits and your/your car's weaknesses and can work on it later.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

great info guys, especially with the brakes.
    Now I guess it's time to find my limits if all goes well I can see me going back again and again