Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    FD1

Underseat subwoofer opinions

Has anyone heard or used an underseat subwoofer like this?
    http://www.crutchfield.com/S-1gsE0JK...-THb-200A.html

(I'm well aware of subs in the boot so please avoid recommending it).

I'm not after an extraordinary amount of bass - just something to give it more kick.

Are they worth it? Is it a waste of money? Is wiring it up a lot easier?

Member Array
    Car:
    '77 Civic
    If you want one for a little extra kick, they'll be fine. Focal is probably your best bet for decent ones.

In all cases, they won't sound anywhere near as good as a sub in a well built box in the boot, but, they'll do the job.

Member Array
    Car:
    EKD
    depends on the size car u have also... im assuming u own a 3dr hatchback? if that's the case a slimline sub would suffice
    sedan or anything larger... subwoofers are the way to go

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1
    Quote Originally Posted by [stealth] View Post
    depends on the size car u have also... im assuming u own a 3dr hatchback? if that's the case a slimline sub would suffice
    sedan or anything larger... subwoofers are the way to go
    I didn't realise how expensive the Focal under seat subs are ($500?).
    Anything a bit more affordable? ($300 max)

I have a 2007 Civic Sedan.
    If I had a hatch or liftback I'd get a subwoofer but for a sedan, I don't like the sub being in a different "room" from where I'm sitting (e.g., I wouldn't install a sub in my kitchen if I was watching TV in my lounge), if that makes sense.

Member Array
    Car:
    '77 Civic
    There are easy ways to avoid that. Even then, I doubt the difference would be very large.
    I had a sub setup in my eg sedan, still sounded awesome.
    Small sealed box with 2x12" subs.
    Also had one 12" sub powered off 300wrms in my 1g trunk, which is more or less a sedan. It's all about how you build the box, what's stopping the sound from coming in (if at all) and how to remedy that. Half the time, you can use the rear speaker holes as vents, as you don't even need them.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    RC-1
    Quote Originally Posted by nedkerry View Post
    Has anyone heard or used an underseat subwoofer like this?
    http://www.crutchfield.com/S-1gsE0JK...-THb-200A.html

(I'm well aware of subs in the boot so please avoid recommending it).

I'm not after an extraordinary amount of bass - just something to give it more kick.

Are they worth it? Is it a waste of money? Is wiring it up a lot easier?
    Couldn't really comment on the brand that you're looking at (Blaupunkt),

I'm currently using Focal ibus20 on my Odyssey and would highly recommend the product..

I was also looking at Kicker Hideaway underseat sub, and I heard good reviews about it

Good luck

p0c1

Ozhonda Subscriber Array
    Car:
    RX450h / RB3
    if you ever think of changing the headunit, just get the one with the Time Alignment so you can move the Bass forward then you can just buy a normal Subs and install it in the boot

but if you still insist on the underseat Subs, I can always get you Focal iBus20 Brand New with warranty from Focal Australia $390 delivered, if you interested please PM

--

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    blowpunked
    part time potato

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Kablam
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1
    Quote Originally Posted by Vvvtec View Post
    blowpunked
    Quote Originally Posted by RenzokukenJ View Post
    Kablam
    lolz

Quote Originally Posted by aka_NSX View Post
    if you ever think of changing the headunit, just get the one with the Time Alignment so you can move the Bass forward then you can just buy a normal Subs and install it in the boot

but if you still insist on the underseat Subs, I can always get you Focal iBus20 Brand New with warranty from Focal Australia $390 delivered, if you interested please PM

--
    i am definitely very interested! give me some time to save up after coming back from holidays

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Quote Originally Posted by nedkerry View Post
    I didn't realise how expensive the Focal under seat subs are ($500?).
    Anything a bit more affordable? ($300 max)

I have a 2007 Civic Sedan.
    If I had a hatch or liftback I'd get a subwoofer but for a sedan, I don't like the sub being in a different "room" from where I'm sitting (e.g., I wouldn't install a sub in my kitchen if I was watching TV in my lounge), if that makes sense.
    Lol a car isnt a "room". Did you know the Hertz range for speakers that are in your living room is different to the ones installed in your car?

There's a reason why sub goes in the boot. Its something to do with the way sound resonates and the size factor.

I've had under seat Pioneer sub before in the jazz before i swapped it out for the cheapy sony one. Letme tell you one thing, if you after a kick then in boot sub way to go.

If your only after mooisk to your ears, i suggest good headunit + amp + really good speakers and call it a day. If you get say 5 way speakers, you may decide you don't need a sub.

The $90 dollar Amp + sub combo from sony outperformed the $400 underseat sub and its not that big and heavy. Couple of small hook and loops (double sided velcro) holds it down to boot carpet just fine.

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Quote Originally Posted by amant02 View Post
    Lol a car isnt a "room". Did you know the Hertz range for speakers that are in your living room is different to the ones installed in your car?

There's a reason why sub goes in the boot. Its something to do with the way sound resonates and the size factor.

I've had under seat Pioneer sub before in the jazz before i swapped it out for the cheapy sony one. Letme tell you one thing, if you after a kick then in boot sub way to go.

If your only after mooisk to your ears, i suggest good headunit + amp + really good speakers and call it a day. If you get say 5 way speakers, you may decide you don't need a sub.

The $90 dollar Amp + sub combo from sony outperformed the $400 underseat sub and its not that big and heavy. Couple of small hook and loops (double sided velcro) holds it down to boot carpet just fine.
    Tl;dr
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut