Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

my EM1 Is running rich.

Hey guys, i couldnt find an answer to my problem when i searched this topic.
    B16A2.
    Bolt on mods, injen CAI.
    Vision 2 1/4 headers, xforce hi-flow cat, skunk 2 catback exhaust.
    Ive always had a problem with carbon build up on my rear bar from just 2 days of driving to work. Fuel efficiency is pretty bad aswell. About 300-350kms on a full tank.

I have changed the spark plugs, fuel filter, cleaned the air filter but still no luck. I checked the spark plugs a week after i installed them and it was already foul, very black and full of carbon.
    So i decided to change the o2 sensor and reset the ecu. (Got the car to normal operating temp, turned it off, pulled the ECU and back up fuse out for 15mins, then put the fuse back in and started the car again for 15 mins. Turned it off then started it again)

Its still running rich now, i ordered a new set of leads because im pretty sure the ones on my car are still the same ones from factory and has never been changed. Hopefully it fixes my problem. Im sick of wiping my rear bar everyday after work lol.

If anyone has suggestions on what the problem could be and how to fix it,
    it would be greatly appreciated. Or if anyone has the same problem/experience as i am having now.
    Im just hoping i dont need to change a map sensor which i know are very expensive.
    Im pretty pedantic about my car and have taken care of it, but i do give it a good rev out every now and then to clean out the exhaust.

Thanks in advance guys.
    Last edited by JDM EM1; 18-07-2014 at 08:26 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    no weetek civic
    if you're not throwing a CEL, get it tuned.
    SSpamily

hehe

Nope no code.
    Awesome, i was about to say, ill probably need an ECU + tune.

Thanks carayan.

Or not.

The ECU operates in two modes.
    During closed loop your fuel trim is based on o2 sensor output and the ECU trying to balance the a/f ratio to stoic mixture
    Under open loop (when you're cleaning out your exhaust) it uses outputs from the MAP x RPM

would also check IAT and ect sensors

How do i check them?

Also if i refit the standard air intake will it fix the problem?

And where are they located?

Cheers dorikin

Thanks i will give it a try.

But what if im not getting a code?
    I have no check engine light on.

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    where is your IAT mounted ?

you want to make sure your ECT is reading the correct temp tot he ECU.

IAT is mounted on the intake pipe of my injen CAI.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Another cause, If u have a stuffed thermostat that can also cause ur vehicle to continuously run in cold loop, because the car is never holding temp
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC