Member Array
    Car:
    '77 Civic

mitsuba sm-402-16 N and how rare is it? Supposed rare starter from a vtir

So, a friend just got a vtir, and has been having nothing but troubles with it.
    So, to the recent issue, the starter has apparently exploded.

From what he's been told, it's the model integra right in the middle, where the starter was a concept, so it's really rare and expensive.
    Apparently a few months before or after his build date, and it would have been ezpz, but nop.

Now, to me that sounds like utter bullshit.
    The starter motor is apparently 'mitsuba sm-402-16 N'
    His car is a dc2 vtir from memory.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but, couldn't any other vtir starter fit in there? Or if the starter had shat itself, it'd be possible to fix it up, yeah? Sounds to me like the auto elec has been bullshitting him to get some extra cash. But, I don't know integras much, so figured I'd ask, before he sends money where it shouldn't go (if that is the case)

Any b series starter will work mate

Member Array
    Car:
    '77 Civic
    Thought so. Cheers man

Member Array
    Car:
    '77 Civic
    Apparently the bracket wasn't right, and a normal teg one didn't fit. Curious

sounds bs

there is no bracket to do with the starter motor only 2 bolts one long one short.

Member Array
    Car:
    '77 Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    sounds bs

there is no bracket to do with the starter motor only 2 bolts one long one short.
    I know right. He was sitting there watching, with his dad. Although, he isn't very mechanically minded, and I'm going to hazard a guess that his dad isn't either. Does sound very sus

Member Array
    Car:
    '77 Civic
    Apparently the dude pulled a normal integra one out, and went to put it in, but he holes didn't line up at all. Also called up a honda parts importer, and he said they are rare as shit. But he called him up on speaker... Makes me think he wanted him to hear. I dunno, just sounds far too fishy.
    But, he's fine with it, and believes the dude, and seems to be getting a little agitated over saying it sounds a bit suss, so I'll leave it. Just sounds really weird.

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Well if it buggers up
    Or the guy ends up paying a bit too much
    You can say 'told you so' lol
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Member Array
    Car:
    '77 Civic
    That's it, haha.
    Cheers for the help anyway Bennjamin