Lightbulb CRX del sol was running fine until...

Hi, my crx del sol 93' b16a2 was running perfectly fine and 20km into my 36km trip the car started acting weird. I would press on the accelerator and it would slow down it felt like a light push on the brakes but when i would let go of the accelerator it would roll normally. So then the rpm's slowly dropped and the car turned off without hesitation.

First try at starting the car after i was on the side of road gave the rpm's a small jump, second even smaller 3rd try and over nothing at all. The car cranks but the rpm's dont go up at all.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    sounds like something in the distributor

start by checking the rotor button, coil and ICM.

ensure your timing belt has not snapped either.

Thanks for the advice ecu-man,
    Update: Now the car struggles to crank and its making a somewhat of a electrical buzzing sound every time i try start it up.
    Last edited by ownagg3d; 31-07-2014 at 12:21 PM.

Car:
    twin GX160's
    did you check the distributor ?

remove the cap and see if the rotor turns while you crank (if its not melted off).

Ok so it seems like it has something to do with the distributor, the spark leads are giving no power to the spark plugs. But the rotor spins, and there is no oil in the cap. Does that leave the coil to be the only other problem?

Car:
    twin GX160's
    It could either be the coil or ICM, I would test them both however its more than likely your coil

Ok, it was as simple as the coil. $55 for a brand new one. Thanks for your help ecu-man.

Car:
    twin GX160's
    no probs

Quote Originally Posted by ECU-MAN View Post
    no probs
    Where are you based ecu man?

Car:
    twin GX160's
    In the Cloud