Replacing Head Unit in FN2

Hey guys,

Looking at replacing the stock head unit in my FN2 with a double DIN touch screen - just had a question regarding the fascia kit.

I've done my research, and this - http://www.hondabitz.com/replica_fas...c_full_kit_rhd - seems to be what I need, although it's not cheap at roughly $200!

Now, I also stumbled across this - http://www.ryda.com.au/Aerpro-Honda-...t-p/fp8030.htm - which looks a lot similar, but not quite the same. Any ideas if that fascia would be compatible?

Also, has anyone had any experience replacing the head unit? I know it's much easier to do now than it was a few years ago when people were leaving the stock one in their glove box. I was planning on getting my new one professionally fitted (I'm pretty useless when it comes to this stuff), would they have any trouble doing it? I know it's a bit of a process to get access (taking all the panels off, etc) so you can take the old one out and so on.

Cheers.

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Any competent ICE installer will be able to put in those fascia kits

Member Array
    Car:
    FN2
    Hi,
    I just done on my car and bought genuine fascia kit from hondabitz for $380. The one on ryda.com.au look similar but i don't know if it will work on FN2. The one from hondabitz work perfect for me with the steering control all working accordingly.
    With installation, i find one installer on Gumtree and i fit it with him which took us 4-5 hours (fit fascia kit, headunit and subwoofer. many panels to take off). Although there is few breakage of clips and scratches (since it was his first time done for FN2) but overall i am very happy with the install.

Cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    FN2 Type R
    4-5 hours? May I ask what that person charged you for it?

Im thinking of doing mine soon...

Member Array
    Car:
    FN2
    Quote Originally Posted by toyo View Post
    4-5 hours? May I ask what that person charged you for it?

Im thinking of doing mine soon...
    It charge by items that you installs like for headunit ($80) and subs ($70). I total paid $160.

Member Array
    Car:
    FN2 Type R

Replacing Head Unit in FN2

Oh aye. Thats not bad at all. Thanks.

Edit: can i also check what stereo units everyones purchased on their fn2s?
    Last edited by toyo; 24-08-2014 at 11:45 AM.