help! DC2R tapping/whiring/knocking noise while driving

Last week I purchased a dc2r, 165000km on it. With clutch replaced about a year ago with exedy organic hd clutch. I have noticed a noise from the front of vehicle, sounds like a knocking/whirring/tapping noise while driving, there is no noise noticeable while stationary, clutch in our out, nothing. While taking off in 1st gear the noise slowly becomes noticeable, once you go into 2nd gear it gets louder, it seems to progress with engine speed, its most noticeable at lower rpms in higher gears for example cruising at 40-60km in 3rd/4th gear. While cruising at that speed, if I clutch in and go to nuetral the sound Almost completely goes away and is only slightly noticeable while rolling, with clutch still disengaged, if I put it into 2nd gear while rolling noise happens only when slightly sliding shifter into gear, then stops once shifter filly into gear, once clutch is engaged noise returns. . Noise differs with acceleration for example if I tap/feather the throttle it will go away/get louder/faster..

Im just looking for some advice. This weekend ill be checking and replacing gearbox oil. Could this be a gearbox problem? Perhaps drive shafts? any help would be great. I will upload a video of me driving this weekend so everyone can hear the sound. Any help would be appreciated!

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R - S2000
    Correct me if I am wrong, but it sounds to me that it might be your valves or tappets.
    You might need a bit of adjustment of your valves, there should be a diy here on how to do them yourself. Otherwise you can get a mechanic to do it for you.

Hmmm I dont think so due to the fact that there's no noise when the engine is revved at a stand still, its only driving, more prominent after 1 gear.

Couple of posisbles -
    Thrust bearing is a possible option - normally this would be consistent in all gears though and increase in noise as engine speeds increase, so might not be. Does sound like a drivetrain issue rather than an engine related problem.
    Front wheel bearing - these make weird kinds of noises as they wear out - jack the front of the car up and see if the wheel has excessive play in it. Under load these will make noise and whilst coasting can be quite - might match your problem, also your kilometers would fit about right for the first wheel bearings needing some replacement.

gearbox countershaft! thanks guys.